west mountain question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

west mountain question

TomCat
I'll be heading up to gore for a week (planned about 2 months ago) and was thinking of spending a day at west just to mix things up a bit. Does west get crowded on the weekends? During the week do things hold up for most of the day? Is it worth it as im used to gore? Thanks.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: west mountain question

YUKON CORNELIUS
West is a lot smaller than Gore, with a lot less terrain open due to the cruddy weather. If you want to do a 2 hour ski during the week (W-F), they do 2 hours and a breakfast sandwich and coffee for $20. I would keep an eye on their website for hours and days of operation.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
^^ Yup what Yuke said.  I think I got an email a couple days ago saying lift tix are now BOGO.  If you've never been there I'd say it's worth checking out mid-week for a little variety  Lifts spin until 9pm during the week.  Inexpensive (even without the BOGO offer) and they've made some nice improvements in the last 2-3 years.  The bar/restaurant (upstairs in the lodge) is very nice, and that breakfast/lift ticket deal is a good value.  They also do a similar lunch/lift ticket deal.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I like West and you can't go wrong with that $20 deal. It isn't as big as Gore, but it has some excellent nooks and crannies.

With any luck it'll look like this, if just a month earlier:

http://nyskiblog.com/west-mountain-ny-relaxing/
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Thanks for the input. May be stuck at the house for a well contractor.

tom