1 ... 101112131415
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: $20M for Whiteface and Gore + $8M for Belle

ScottyJack
raisingarizona wrote
campgottagopee wrote
It must be such a relief to run a biz and not have to worry about making a profit
Haha! Camp for the win!
Hey tRump ran biz for years into the ground and now hes Prez!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Please keep politics in the OT. Thank you.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
Please keep politics in the OT. Thank you.
Thought I'd never see you scold SJ. Your becoming more uniform.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
It must be such a relief to run a biz and not have to worry about making a profit

Haha, yes. The owners of Hunter and Platt and the Vermont mountains must be seething. Next time I hear someone say that Gore supports itself just fine, I finally have a number to point to.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
You got a pointy head!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Let's leave pointitics out of this discussion.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Darkside Shaman wrote
For ORDA, even with a financial bounce-back this winter thanks to colder winter temperatures and much more snow compared to 2015-16, the past few years have been very tough. The authority has incurred some of its highest operating losses ever: $19.5 million in 2013-14, $25.4 million in 2015-16 and a total of nearly $200 million over the last decade.
Operating profit (loss) does not include interest, so the actual losses are even greater that what is stated.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
The bridge on Rt 28 over the Hudson is completed!

Not really a gore improvement, but an improvement.

tom
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Here is some photos of the airport version of The Bellarye Gondi

Plattsburgh airport has 3 flights a day except for 2 days a week when it has 5 flights some of which arrive or depart at like 2 am.  Post AFB it had a modest 2 gates and was appropriately sized for its business levels.  The Gov decided to waste our taxpayers dollars / ie invest millions in it and now it has two gates that are never used separating a football field of seating no one sits in and a gate on each end used once a day.  My flight to Boston had 11 people on it this morning.  None of the airlines you have ever likely heard of and no major airline will fly there as BTV is 45 mins away.

Here is is both the arrivals and departures board not just for today but also for Tuesday

Oh and there was more TSA workers and cops there today than there was passengers on my flight.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
They primarily market it to Montreal residents, but there's no reason to fly there since Montreal's main airport is closer has so many more flight options.

Near where I live, Stewart Airport in Newburgh has been growing recently, mainly due to it becoming increasingly difficult for Hudson Valley residents to reach EWR, LGA, and JFK due to traffic problems.

How big of a plane were you on?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by TomCat
Excellent.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by snoloco
Saab 340 turbo propSeats 30 ish but I've never seen them fill one btw bos and Plattsburgh
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
snoloco wrote
Near where I live, Stewart Airport in Newburgh has been growing recently, mainly due to it becoming increasingly difficult for Hudson Valley residents to reach EWR, LGA, and JFK due to traffic problems.
Actually Sno, its down dramatically since 2008. Stewart continues to languish, traffic to JFK, LGA, and EWR hasn't factored at all. The addition of Norwegian Airlines will certainly help, but its a small win with a large amount of lost flights in the last decade.

Here are Stewarts flight numbers, historical.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I follow The Points Guy blog and there were a lot of posts about new routes to Stewart, so I assumed it was growing.

I normally use Newark whenever I need to fly anywhere.  About an hour and a half from where I live and traffic usually isn't too bad except if you are going during rush hour.  Traffic going to LGA or JFK is absolutely horrific just about any time of any day except maybe in the middle of the night.  You can take the train to JFK, but it's a pain in the ass to do with luggage and still takes forever with many transfers.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
snoloco wrote
They primarily market it to Montreal residents, but there's no reason to fly there since Montreal's main airport is closer has so many more flight options.
I think the $1.35 CAD --> $1 USD has a profound impact.  I'm not sure if parking is free, but I'm pretty sure it is in Ogdensburg.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Ogdensburg literally has like 1 flight a day with a plane that fits 10 people.  It's nothing more than a general aviation field.  Plattsburgh is set up like a full size passenger terminal when in reality it does not have the passengers to require it.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
snoloco wrote
I think the $1.35 CAD --> $1 USD has a profound impact.  I'm not sure if parking is free, but I'm pretty sure it is in Ogdensburg.
The other variable is the border crossing. I crossed the 87/15 border last April on a Saturday at 2pm and it took 50 minutes to get into Canada. By sheer luck we happened to pick the line that was moving. If we chose one of the other 4 lines, it would have taken another 30-40 minutes. When we came back the same way, we waited 35 minutes and there were only 3 cars in front of us. There are quick lanes. I guess if you were a regular you could figure that part out.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
snoloco wrote
Ogdensburg literally has like 1 flight a day with a plane that fits 10 people.  It's nothing more than a general aviation field.  Plattsburgh is set up like a full size passenger terminal when in reality it does not have the passengers to require it.
They just dropped $10M into it to lengthen the runways.  There are a few flights a week to FL.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
Parking at Plattsburgh is 8 bucks a day
I parked about 100 feet from the door.  If it wasn't for the 75 empty handicapped parking spots I would have been even closer.
When I was leaving they were installing what looked like a couple hundred grand of new robotic 3 layer security doors.  Why they need that when they have more TSA agents than passengers I have no idea.  The taxpayer money wasted on this airport is breathtaking.
1 ... 101112131415