ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

$20M for Whiteface and Gore + $8M for Belle

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: $20M for Whiteface and Gore

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

And no snowmaking upgrades for either mountain.  BS

I don't care about zip lines or mountain coasters.  Even lodge upgrades don't matter all that much, plus I don't go to Kids Kampus anyways.

I don't like the idea of installing a lift from Kids Kampus to Midstation because it creates even more trail crowding in that area of the mountain which is already overcrowded

No mention of upgrading the High Peaks lift at Gore either.  Hope it lasts another year without falling apart.

Looks like ORDA has now subscribed to the very negative non skiing emphasis that many other resorts are taking up.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

WF already has the best off hill activities in the east in LP.  I don't see why they need more.  This could also negatively affect the town by keeping people spending money on the mountain instead of in LP.

Snowmaking should be top priority followed by lift and trail upgrades.  Everything else is low priority.

Did Les Otten donate to Cuomo's reelection?
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

Lookout still isn't open, and they're pissing away money on building a zipline and roller coaster.  Imagine if just 1 million of this large investment was spent on snowmaking at each mountain.  We'd definitely have all the lifts open by now.

A lift from Kids Kampus to midstation is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.  There's one trail there that sends you back to KK and that's Boreen, headwall included.  It's already crowded enough as is and now they want to dump even more people out there.  Just upgrade the lift on the existing route if they really need to build another lift.

This whole thing is more proof that NY should NOT be in the skiing business.
BenedictGomez BenedictGomez
Reply |

In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
The improvements to the Saddle Lodge and former gondi terminal at the summit are much needed improvements to Gore.  Both should have been done years ago.  The rest of the $20M is wasted money.
Government wasting money?   Nahhhhhh......
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

In reply to this post by snoloco
A friggin mountain coaster?  Who wants to see a whole bunch of rollercoaster tracks amongst such great views of mountains and nature.  At least the zipline isn't so noticeable.

Not digging the emphasis on non-skiing model...this is sad...like Whiteface losing its identity. Or becoming VT....
BenedictGomez BenedictGomez
Reply |

snoloco wrote
Did Les Otten donate to Cuomo's reelection?

This is the best part:

Building the longest mountain coaster in the United States

Because god knows that's completely essential!
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

snoloco wrote
Snowmaking should be top priority followed by lift and trail upgrades.  Everything else is low priority.
I couldn't agree more. Both mountains are in need of snowmaking upgrades desperately. They've got a lot of catching up to do in order to be competitive with a a place like Killington, or Stowe which have 3x the capability.
1234 ... 29