8 days a week

classic Classic
29 messages Options
Reply |  

8 days a week

ScottyJack
Years ago in the WF gondola a very bright young man said to me as we talked about the awesomeness of a three day weekend, "why not just add one more day to the week?  There is too much to do work-wise for a four day work week, so why not just add an eighth day and we'd solve the problem."  

To this day i still think that is a brilliant idea!

Why not??

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

Re: 8 days a week

campgottagopee
There's a song about that

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Years ago in the WF gondola a very bright young man said to me as we talked about the awesomeness of a three day weekend, "why not just add one more day to the week?  There is too much to do work-wise for a four day work week, so why not just add an eighth day and we'd solve the problem."  

To this day i still think that is a brilliant idea!

Why not??
I think the idea that there's "too much work to do" in a four day week is ridiculous. Some people need 7 day weeks to do all the work they need to do. This guy needs 4 hours:

http://fourhourworkweek.com

I think it'd be nice if we tried out some different schedules (3 day weekends, 3 day weekends every other weekend, Friday afternoons off all the time, Monday morning late arrivals, more federally mandated vacation time and maternity leave and sick days) before we switch up the calendar that has been the basis of civilization for thousands of years.

Reply |  

endoftheline
WE don't need 8 day weeks, whoever came up with the 5 day work week wasn't thinking. 3 day weekends every week, everyone would be happier and more productive. I can dream right?

Reply |  

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
There's a song about that
Not a big country western music fan.  I do love to watch westerns though!  

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

raisingarizona
I thought that was the Beetles?

Reply |  

campgottagopee
It is

For a self proclaimed well read lil fella he sure ain't that bright is he   

Reply |  

Johnnyonthespot
8 days a week? I thought this was a thread about Matt's political posts. One dedicated mofo.

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589

Reply |  

Snowballs
Banned
So, did you guys hook up this weekend ?

Uh, well, I mean,,,,, catch any fish ?