A quick two days in Moab.

21 messages Options
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

A quick two days in Moab.

So not ski related but hey, it’s crazy dry down here in the south west right now so what do you do when there is no snow? You go mountain biking!

Day 1 was on The Whole Enchilada. 26 miles and 7000 vertical feet of descending from the alpine at 12,500 ft. In the La Sals and all the way down to the Colorado River. This ride defines epic ride

Reply |

Re: A quick two days in Moab.

Day two was spent on hyamesa back to Captain Ahab.

Then there was the drive home through Navajo country and Monument Valley.

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

GREAT photos!
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Yeah  
+1
Very cool,RA. Also I found myself watching The Blizzard of Naz again the other day. Thanks for that. Between you and NEPA I'm having a hard time justifying my continuing NYS residency.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Brownski wrote
Yeah  
+1
Very cool,RA. Also I found myself watching The Blizzard of Naz again the other day. Thanks for that. Between you and NEPA I'm having a hard time justifying my continuing NYS residency.
Awesome pics, RA. I need to mt. Bike the SW. Looks truly epic.

And, Brownski, what about the traffic, taxes, and high retail prices?? Shall I continue? It's a crapshoot where I'll end up in retirement. I think a lot will depend on my kids. But, I am going to try my hardest to get them to see the light of mountain living. :).
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Marcski wrote
And, Brownski, what about the traffic, taxes, and high retail prices?? Shall I continue? It's a crapshoot where I'll end up in retirement. I think a lot will depend on my kids. But, I am going to try my hardest to get them to see the light of mountain living. :).
Exactly.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Nice..One of my fantasy rides..

Did you use the shuttle for the whole enchi?
"Peace and Love"
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

wow - wow - wow

that's all i got
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

Great pictures.  How warm is it there this time of year?
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
Nice..One of my fantasy rides..

Did you use the shuttle for the whole enchi?
Ya, we rode with two good friends that live there and another mutual friend from Fruita and they set up a self shuttle. I can’t imagine doing it without a shuttle. I guess some people would be into that but you would blow a ton of gas getting to the ride. It’s not an easy 26 miles at all. It’s freaking gnarly the whole way and takes a lot of focus with technical riding moves over and over again. From what they were telling me there are tons of people that get in over their heads on that ride.