APA revised management plan

20 messages Options
ck1 ck1
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

APA revised management plan

Have folks been following this?

https://www.adirondackexplorer.org/outtakes/dec-backcountry-skiers-adirondacks

I'm not sure what this really means. I was hoping someone in the know could summarize.

Thanks
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Re: APA revised management plan

general government fuckery.
ck1 ck1
Reply |

Hahaha. That was my assumption. At first I was impressed that DEC took time to respond directly to all of these comments and then as I read on the responses started to sound more like stall tactics. I guess we have to wait for the next plan...

Backcountry skiing is a tough sell to public land agencies in the Northeast especially since you need ongoing management to maintain ski trails.
Reply |

The DEC needs to let go and turn it over to the public sector. If there's the interest they'll make it happen and manage what they can.

Government officials are often blown away what the public sector can accomplish once they let go of that control.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

raisingarizona wrote
The DEC needs to let go and turn it over to the public sector. If there's the interest they'll make it happen and manage what they can.

Government officials are often blown away what the public sector can accomplish once they let go of that control.
How do you define "the public sector"?
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
raisingarizona wrote

How do you define "the public sector"?
Whoops, my bad. Private sector.
Reply |

You think the land should be given to the "private sector"? Or the management of the land?

You don't see either option as being a problem?
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Whoops, my bad. Private sector.
Not happening - ever.  Forest Preserve bro!  Forever wild protected by NYS Constitution.

Ski trail guidance coming this fall.  Probably see things like a reroute of the Wright Peak Ski Trail mid way to connect to Whales Tail, separate routes for skin tracks to ascend some trails, trail guidance to avoid skier unfriendly trail improvements like water bars etc..  maybe some skier specific trails.  But probably not a sign off on glades....    
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I'm talking about the building and maintenance of ski trails. If you have a local group that wants to do that then let em have at it. Kind of like our trail group here. And government has become so dysfunctional that in many cases privatizing certain areas or sites becomes a better option.

And of course Matt's here to try and pick a political argument.
Reply |

I was just asking questions, bud. Maybe relax a little.