classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Action Park NJ Reopens VIDEO

MattyCs_Winter
This post was updated on .
To follow up on the recent article by Scott on the blog about Action Park in NJ: http://nyskiblog.com/action-park-nj-reopens/

This weekend I finished the edit from our GoPro footage that day. Let me know what you guys think, I completed the entire edit on my iPad as an experiment in work flow...

Forged in New England, tempered in the snow. Skier, Cyclist, Outdoorsman.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Action Park NJ Reopens VIDEO

ml242
Hitting Action Park really makes me want to hit Vernon Valley. The park was so well run, and such a great value at $39. I know lift tickets there are also pretty affordable, it might not have the terrain to match Jay but I'll put the water park up against it any day, and I bet you can have some good times on skis now and again.

Thanks for the edit on the video.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MattyCs_Winter

Folks this is the last Action Park gopro vid ever.  
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Used to go to that place back in the day.  That blue water slide used to have jumps on the two far left lanes.  I still can remember how cold the water was.  That rope wing you always watched for the back slaps.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Excellent!
Got to love the helmets on the river rapid ride.

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I dug this one up, but I just felt like making a throwback to the many awesome days I spent at Action Park this past summer.  My favorite ride by far is Surf Hill which was the head first mat slide in the video.  I just fly down that thing so fast that I almost catch air on all the bumps and I don't know if this is because I weigh a lot, or if I just really know the correct riding position, but I overshoot the pool every time and shoot all the way to the end, and I mean THE END END.  That is where it slopes up after that flat padded section.  I cut my leg open pretty good on that ride the last time I rode it for the season and there was blood dripping down.  I went incredibly fast and overshot the pool hitting the barrier after the upslope at the end.  The upslope is abrasive to stop any mat in its tracks so it doesn't overshoot the barrier and fall 5 feet onto the deck on the other side.  I got thrown off the mat on impact and my knee which was already scraped from my alpine slide crash at Jiminy Peak a week earlier got opened up pretty good again.  Even though it is dangerous, Action Park is still the best waterpark in the world.  My injuries from this year include getting a bruise and some cuts when my tube flipped on Thunder Run.  I was riding alone on the double tubes that the ride uses and I ended up going backwards all the way.  I hit a turn really hard and because I was backwards, I was front heavy which caused the tube to flip.  Later, I cut my hand on a rock when I slipped and fell getting out the cliff jump pool, and of course, my Surf Hill accident from above.
I've lived in New York my entire life.