Assortment of Random, Awesome Videos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
133 messages Options
12345 ... 7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Hinterlandian National Anthem, sort of...

Sick Bird Rider
Watch all the way to end for a complete lesson on the history of basketball and other things Canuckian:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Hinterlandian National Anthem, sort of...

tBatt
Classified is actually one of my favorite hip hop artists.

Reply | Threaded
|

Awesome DH biking in BC, Hinterlands

Sick Bird Rider
Retallack Lodge, famous in the cat skiing world, has introduced guided mountain bike tours.
http://www.retallack.com/backcountry-adventure/mountain-biking/

Check out this video shot on their terrain. The clip is from a longer film called Life Cycles, which if you can find it, is mind blowing, probably even more for the high-def cinematography than the riding. It was part of the Banff Mountain Film Festival last year.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Awesome DH biking in BC, Hinterlands

Sick Bird Rider
You'll be singing the song in no time:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Awesome DH biking in BC, Hinterlands

poindexter
Kids still laughing....  five minutes and counting.  Can't wait for episode 3.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Assortment of Random, Awesome Videos

tBatt
This post was updated on .
A must watch for sure.

Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Even better than the last, although completely different. Timelapse from the ISS. A few auroras in it, lots of lightning. Real cool stuff.

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave

ya, nothing about skiing,but again, says it all.  Sorry if you were looking for a ski vid.

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt

And this one is just hilarious.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ Very cool little film. All these time-lapse nature vids owe a big debt to a 1982 film called Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance 

That movie blew our minds back in the pre-digital day, though you do need to put it in context with the other things we were doing, back in the day.

But I digress, here is the trailer:

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Saw this today, and I wanted to share it, but I didn't know where. Epic Pogo Stick Action:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
mattchuck2 wrote
Saw this today, and I wanted to share it, but I didn't know where.  Epic Pogo Stick Action:
This was the right place. That was totally random and definitely awesome. Good find.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Something to ponder:

If this makes your think of ant movement, check out the Ant Experiment blog. An old friend of mine owns the media company developing this.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Not sure exactly why this is on the Barkeater Trails Alliance website, but it's pretty cool...

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
MTB riders will want to watch this. It makes our little trails and tribulations seem rather insignificant. Kind of like most ski videos. Also makes my bruised ribs from a recent bike crash seem like a small thing:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
^^^^

Sick Bird Rider wrote
...makes my bruised ribs from a recent bike crash seem like a small thing...
Tell?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

etony
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
There really are a good number of interesting videos that are scattered across the internet and ones that would let those people who are interested with it to take part on something that goes with daily life.

And not only with the cool ones but there are also those who hit you on a spot that might render and seem as something that will be very hard to recover from.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Tell?
Done. Story here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Staying on the bike theme...

If you happened to watch the BMX event in the Olympics, and, like me, thought, "well, that is pretty cool but fundamentally silly," take a look at this:

Probably a topic for a separate thread but aren't a lot of Olympic sports "cool but fundamentally silly?"
12345 ... 7