Assortment of Random, Awesome Videos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
133 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SLEDNECK FAIL.

Telemark Dave
It kinda looks staged....a lot.  No windshield on sled, deliberate steering into rocks.....WTF.  

Maybe it's a sledhead sobriety warning....like this is your brain on drugs,....and this is your brain on a snowmobile.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Assortment of Random, Awesome Videos

tatianaplata
In reply to this post by tBatt
Really sweet post. I love the videos all of you have posted here. I especially love the video about the near space balloon flight. I have always, as I'm sure most people have had visions of seeing the world from outer space. If I were a millionaire or something like that, I would be more than willing for one of those trips to space. Even if I only had the ability to take one lap around the world, I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I really appreciate the videos. I enjoyed the entertainment! It is nice to see a variety of things and what you folks are into.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
I think that this little ditty, as played by these two guys, should be the theme for the Sochi Olympics closing ceremony. Turn volume to 11 and wait for it:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Yes, it is still ski season, but it is never too early to be thinking about bike season. This little video clearly demonstrates that a great rider can take any bike anyplace. Applies to skis, I suppose, as well. Note that he is wearing a helmet:

CHRISCROSS from chris akrigg on Vimeo.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This is possibly the most random, awesome video I have ever seen. If you are a dog person, it may melt your heart:

Some back story:
PeoplePets.com wrote
The 9-month-old boxer named Duncan Lou Who was born with severely deformed rear legs that needed to be removed – but that hasn't slowed him down one bit.

"To him, he isn't any different, this IS his normal," reads a post on the Facebook page of the Panda Paws Rescue, which cares for the pup. "He has had wheelchairs custom built & he hated them. Rather then using them to support his body, he would lift them up & carry them around. Causing horrible strain on his spine & chest.

"As his forever family, we had to make a choice to force him to use things that make him miserable or let him be. We chose to let him be ... and by doing so he has enjoyed each & every day to its fullest!"

The pooch works hard to do what comes easily to other dogs, like running on grass or using stairs, and it appears that each milestone is a part of a greater goal.

"Duncan Lou Who is on a mission," reads the caption of another video posted on YouTube in November, "to inspire YOU!"
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
So, we left our dog at a friend's house for the weekend. They decided to teach him to sing. The results were random and awesome:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Starship Trooper is so long that no one would likely sit through it, but the 90 sec riff at the end by Steve Howe is worth watching...

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey wrote
Starship Trooper is so long that no one would likely sit through it, but the 90 sec riff at the end by Steve Howe is worth watching...
The dog was interested but did not howl. And wow, that takes us back. The solo is pretty awesome but you gotta love the shot of Rick Wakeman's sequined cloak at the end.

From the Village People to Yes, Harv, that is quite the leap of musical taste.
Reply | Threaded
|

I Crashed My Car Into The Bridge

snoloco

I can't believe that song was playing when they filmed this.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I Crashed My Car Into The Bridge

Sick Bird Rider
snoloco wrote
I can't believe that song was playing when they filmed this.
I would not recommend believing that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I Crashed My Car Into The Bridge

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Danny Macaskill rides again:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Is it just me or is Danny McCaskill seem like the bike version of JP?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
That pretty much defines random and awesome:

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Ama-zing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
You may have no idea but there is a pretty awesome round-the-world sailboat race going on these days. The remaining crews of the Volvo Ocean Race passed by Cape Horn, one of the the sailing worlds most iconic landmarks, the other day. Cape Horn is a pretty remote place but the race organizers spent some coin and arranged to get heli footage of this event. Since the race is one-design, the fleet is very close together and this footage is unprecedented. The boats are 65 feet long and very fast. Starts a bit slow but wait for it and go for big screen:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
If you are a dog person and/or cancer survivor this may make you a bit weepy. Beautifully done tribute:
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Wow.