Attention Face4me

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Attention Face4me

Highpeaksdrifter

Eli is not a West Coast style QB. This is a NFL square peg round hole situation. The Giants should never have gotten rid of 2 time Super Bowl winning offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride.

The Giants will be fighting the Cowboys for last place in the division while the Eagles beat out the team from Washington for first.

That is all.

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Attention Face4me

campgottagopee
Just stop that nonsense!!!

Eli is the MAN

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
As a guy with no time in life for pro sports... please keep us informed.

Popcorn And Drink "You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Eli is not a West Coast style QB. This is a NFL square peg round hole situation. The Giants should never have gotten rid of 2 time Super Bowl winning offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride.

The Giants will be fighting the Cowboys for last place in the division while the Eagles beat out the team from Washington for first.

That is all.
Sorry, but I really can't get too excited, or worried, about pre-season. Truth is, I doubt I've even seen more than 10 minutes of football yet. Years ago, pre-season was a reasonable "predictor" of how a team will do. In recent years, however, teams have become so much more concerned about injuries, and other factors, that the "real" pre-season is weeks 1 - 4 of the regular season.

And you may be right about Eli ... KillDrive may have done irreversible damage to his career!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Just stop that nonsense!!!

Eli is the MAN
I know its only the preseason, I admire what he has accomplished in the past, but he just doesn't look good in this offense. I do hope it turns for him cause I like the guy.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
    UGH

that's all I got
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Seriously, what is anyone expecting? They're not going to the Super Bowl this year ... they're not going to the playoffs!!!

The Giants execution was terrible. Early in the game, Eli's accuracy was awful. Then, the receivers started dropping passes. The line wasn't doing a very good job of blocking. These are ALL things that can and will improve with time.

By the way, the score was 14 - 7 at half-time ... hardly a doomsday scenario at that point.

Addressing the offensive coordinator ... here are the positives ...

1. No delay of game penalties
2. Three 4th down short yardage attempts WITHOUT having to first call a timeout to figure out what play to call (2 out of 3 success rate)
3. No unnecessary or wasted timeouts because you couldn't get a play in
4. Only two false starts
5. They didn't take the play clock down to the final second on virtually every play
6. A decent mix of mostly high-percentage play calls (executing a play well is a separate matter)

But, I guess based on the reaction in the media, etc, I guess New England should fold their cards too!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
I like Eli and am by no means a Giants hater so I don't relish saying this.  (Plus, as a Vikings fan....well, you know...fuck the Lions).

Giants looked like a disaster, and not because their mistakes were forced either. Dbacks running into each other. Eli floating throws to open receivers allowing the safety to get over and pick it off. That nickleback was covering Cruz like a blanket - and he's a rookie.  Receivers missing the play call at the line and executing a run play when it was a pass play. It was a clownhump.

I don't know whether Cruz has lost a step or what's going on but to see a rookie CB cover a veteran receiver that well was just weird.  Can't remember the kid's name but he was in on the nickle and he was good.  Sorta bummed me out.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Seriously, what is anyone expecting? They're not going to the Super Bowl this year ... they're not going to the playoffs!!!
I was expecting great things cause you've been telling me for years that Kevin Gilbride was the problem. So what's up with that?  
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
IMO, for sometime now and for whatever reason, they seem to be just going through the motions. They don't look like they care much or have any enthusiasm.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What the hell did they do during training camp??? They looked fuckin awful!!! Total JV team, I'm soooooo pissed. Thank god it will be snowing soon and I wont take the time to watch anymore of these silly games as I'll be in the woods hunting or skiing.

NJ, Cruz cashed in...he's primetime now....zero effort...sad, very sad
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Face4Me wrote
I was expecting great things cause you've been telling me for years that Kevin Gilbride was the problem. So what's up with that?  
He was/is/and will always be the problem!
You don't usually get fired (oh wait ... sorry ... he wasn't fired ) if you're doing a great job!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Face4Me wrote
Actually ... I'll bet you a beer in the Cloudspin Lounge that they don't go 0 - 6 to start the season!!! I'll even give you 5 to 1 odds!

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
A winning or losing season ?

It's painful to watch them play.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Face4Me wrote
Actually ... I'll bet you a beer in the Cloudspin Lounge that they don't go 0 - 6 to start the season!!! I'll even give you 5 to 1 odds!
They could go 0-7....take the bet HPD
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
campgottagopee wrote
Face4Me wrote
You're on too!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Face4Me wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Face4Me wrote
You're on too!!!
Deal

Wait, I'm a Giant fan too!! They really are rotten tho so I'll take the bet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
campgottagopee wrote
NJ, Cruz cashed in...he's primetime now....zero effort...sad, very sad
Really?  You're the Giants fan so I'll defer but I thought he was the best receiver on the squad, no?  Too bad the 1st rounder they took was injured and didn't play last night.  I was pretty high on him in the draft and was hoping he'd fall in the Vikes' lap.

Anyway, I think you're overreacting just a bit.  It's one game and it was on the road against a Lions team that many forget is actually pretty good.  If there's a better pure wide-out in the league than Megatron I'd like to know who it is.  And Stafford's got a mortar.  But I'm not too worried about 'em; they will fall apart before the season is even 3/4 over.  Because that's what they always do - tradition and all that.  

SKOL Vikings!  Next up, the New England Patty Cakes!

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
When do they play Dallas? Game 8?