Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

252 messages Options
1234 ... 26
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

Beta got busy yesterday.  Finished a 1 mile section of sweet singletrack on the west side of the Hardy Road Wild Forest.  Gonna be a big year for Mtn Biking in the Saranac Lake, Lake Placid, Wilmington region.  A lot of new stuff will be built.

Check out Bark Eater Trail Alliance @ http://www.barkeatertrails.org/

I ride with Crazy Horse!
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

Re: Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

Looks like an awesome place! Didn't Chris do a TR from up there back in the fall?
Is it mostly hike-up-ride-down, or more XC stuff? are Shuttle laps possible?
I'd like to get up there at some point. Paging MC2... you in?!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Someone did do a TR a year or so ago.  We've built a bunch more since then.  Hardy Road is all XC and all sweet single track.  The Flume is XC with mostly single track and some double track.  

Shuttling is done w/ the "Poor Man's Downhill."  We start just above the Atmospheric Science Center and rip down a state snowmobile trail, crossing the Reservoir hiking trail for WF/Ester And now we can continue down the snowmobile trail crossing (w/ permission granted to the public) private campground to exit onto Rt86 right at Steinhoff's.  

Steinhoff's is the hub of the wheel!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
 Paging MC2... you in?!
Definitely in.  Even have a lakehouse nearby to crash at (with a jet ski). Let me know when you have a couple of days off.  
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

Probably won't be until mid May, when I'm out of school and have a bike of my own.
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

This Sunday, April 29, is our second BETA trail day.  We're building single track on the east side of the tract.  This is part of the three mile loop on that side.  We have about 1 mile build.  

Meet up @ the trail head/parking lot on Hardy Road @ 9AM.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
This Saturday we're building in North Elba on town land adjacent to Craigwood.  Connections to the Jack Rabbit trail.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Another successful trail build by the BETA crew! Couple miles of new single track connecting the Jack Rabbit Trail to Town property adjacent to the Craigwood golf course!  Wicked good stuff.

This week the Wilmington members will lay out another loop up high in Hardy Road.  When it rains.  We build trails.    

It's getting real good up here!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |

good on ya - i hope to be up some time in to july to check some of this stuff out!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Do it!  Do it now!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
1234 ... 26