204 messages Options
1234 ... 21
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Belleayre Conditions

From Jason:

"I skied Bell today.

Hard and icy in the A.M. Soft and dreamy in the afternoon.

I poached Cathedral Brook, it skied like a dream.."
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Re: Belleayre Conditions

Thanks Harv!!!
Around 11:30 the sun started to peak out and the conditions went from ok to great. All the trails still have full coverage and the woods too. Off trail was just too firm...
"Peace and Love"
Gunny J Gunny J
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
April 9 2011 Tons of snow left great late morning conditions a little mushy in the afternoon.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

This video is from Saturday. Nice patch!

Can any Belle experts identify the trail?
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Gunny J Gunny J
Reply |

Onteora I think is the trail next to Mohawk and Yahoo on the other side.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

From the Belleyare Facebook Page:

"Snowmaking begins tonight which means opening day is around the corner."

And from the website:

jimvdak jimvdak
Reply |

I'll believe it when I see it! haha
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Just got this:

BELLEAYRE MOUNTAIN
New York's Winter Snow Park
PO Box 313, Highmount NY 12441 845.254.5600
www.belleayre.com

BELLEAYRE MOUNTAIN CONDITION REPORT
December 3, 2011
Ski Day # 1

The Rail Park will be open today from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm on lower Wanatuska with 4 Rails- No lift access
jimvdak jimvdak
Reply |

Belleayre planned to open tomorrow 12/10 with top to bottom on Onteora (black diamond) via Chair 7 and some beginner terrain on lower mountain on Iroquois and Running Bear Via Chair 1 and a Handle Tow.  
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Belleayre Conditions

Bell received around 2" on Friday night.  Nightmare ride to the mountain, I guess NYS only has one plow truck to hand the entire NYS Thruway.. Crowds were light . The new snow did nothing to improve the conditions. Any slope   that had any pitch was a tilted ice rink..Lower angled stuff was just hard packed and edgeable...
 The temps never got out of the upper teens , they only hand 4 snow guns running ,on Upper Bell run???

"Peace and Love"
1234 ... 21