Belleayre Gondola Discussion Thread

245 messages Options
1 ... 22232425
Marcski Marcski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Belleayre Gondola Discussion Thread

louie.mirags wrote

The skiing at Plattekill is amazing.  However, a lot of the people who ski there have snobby attitudes on here.  Which is odd because in person almost everybody you meet is so nice...
Do I present as a Snob?  I'm sorry if I ever offended anyone.  Isn't it almost an oxymoron for anyone who loves the downhome vibe and great au natural terrain of Plattekill to be a snob?  

Personally, I don't think I'm a snob if I ski at what is IMHO the best Catskill ski area.  I believe Platty has the best, most diverse and interesting terrain in the area.  It has a great old school, down home vibe, a great locals crowd and is the least crowded area compared to the other 3 Catskills ski hills....which leads to less crowded slopes which in turn keeps the snow in better shape than compared to the others as well. What one may give up in total open terrain at Plattekill, one more than gets back in getting the least amount of total skiers/acreage.  

marznc marznc
Reply |

louie.mirags wrote

The skiing at Plattekill is amazing.  However, a lot of the people who ski there have snobby attitudes on here.  Which is odd because in person almost everybody you meet is so nice...
It's fair to say that anyone who posts on a ski forum will surprise you in some way when you meet them in person.  I've found that to be true for small regional forums like NYSkiBlog or large international forums where the percentage of active posters is tiny compared to the total number of accounts.

Besides, isn't this thread about Belleayre?

Must say I'm trying to figure out how to stop by Belleayre for a day to satisfy my curiosity about the new gondola.  There is no substitute for actually riding a lift or skiing a particular run.  Even in the age of the GoPro and smart phone.
Moresnow Moresnow
Reply |

Still can't figure out the logic of the Belleayre gondola.

Thacheronix Thacheronix
Reply |

Moresnow wrote
logic
There's your problem right there
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
1 ... 22232425