Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Ski Videos

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
New Nimbus "En Route" episode plays like an advertisement for why Rocker Skis are so perfect in powder. The crew gets a lot of use out of the Line Sir Francis Bacons. I'm sure SBR will be skiing just like these guys this year:

Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
The best ski flim of all time is the "Blizzard of Ahh's" by Greg Stump

I watched it again last week it still stands up the test of time.  In fact its almost mind boggling how those guys ripped up Chamonix on old straight 210's and rear entry SX92 boots
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
...The crew gets a lot of use out of the Line Sir Francis Bacons.  I'm sure SBR will be skiing just like these guys this year:
Oh yeah, that will be me. After a few years of ski lessons from Matt.

Actually, I made a cameo appearance  in that flick. Don't you recognize the red jacket at 6:04?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak

Not a "ski film", but this short clip shows exactly what I hope heaven to be like...
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
jimvdak wrote
... this short clip shows exactly what I hope heaven to be like...
JVD ... this is one of my favorite ski videos from MRG and there have been some great ones.

Bonus points for successfully using the embed video tags! You may be the first ever.

Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Harv- you have NO idea how long it too me to figure out how to embed that. But I wanted to make sure I got it right haha!
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Who wants a healthy dose of Inspiration?

Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Love that video.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
Who wants a healthy dose of Inspiration?
Awesome.  The guy is airborne more than on the snow?

When I saw this I thought maybe it was on the forum somewhere (?) but I couldn't find it. It's long but I thought it was fun ...

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Here is a fantastic video about skiing in Scotland. Scottish skiers have a lot in common with EC skiers, as far as "making the most of it" goes. But they definitely have a different attitude, most likely fueled by single malt. My nephew skied in Scotland in June, riding a Poma up an outdoor slope covered with nylon bristles. The place was packed with Scots in jeans, hoping it would rain because then the "snow" would be faster. These people are hardcore.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Well, not technically a video...

But kinda' funny anyway.

BTW, Happy turkey day to all the Excited States denizens of Harvey Road.... enjoy the tryptophan!

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

sheerpandemonium
Hey all,

Here is a video I've been working on for 5 months. It features footage from Sugarbush Vermont and other East Coast Mountains. Let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/OXnmD1llHTw

Best Regards,
-Rudy
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Here's one for the Tele/BC guys. The rapping is horrible, but just think of it as bad for comedy's sake:
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
This is from Seb Montaz in Jan 2010...

My favourite line is "he's falling sometimes, don't worry", right after "This is Ludo, you probably noticed he's on his telemarks, it would have been too easy on skis".....
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Baffin Island scenery, stunning cinematography, great skiing, philosophical Inuit, kids dancing on frozen seals and even polar bears. You will not have wasted 15 minutes if you watch this. Go "big screen" and turn up the volume.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Watch this over and over...

Sick Bird Rider
and you will, uhhh, become a better skier. Yeah, that's it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Watch this over and over...

Goreskimom
Let's hear it for Poor Boyz Productions! My son received a ski DVD as a gift for his birthday from his grandmother. The DVD was defective. When I called Poor Boyz and explained that the disc did not work, they asked me my name. I began to explain that I did not purchase the movie as it was a gift. The man politely interrupted me and said, "I don't care who purchased it. I am sending a new disc to you right away. We can't have this!" So with no proof of purchase, order #, receipt etc., they have shipped a new CD to my son. What a refreshing way to be treated. We'll be back for more Poor Boyz DVDs!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Watch this over and over...

MadPatSki
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
and you will, uhhh, become a better skier. Yeah, that's it.
Not bad from someone that has only won 2 World Cup Slalom races in her entire career.
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
Reply | Threaded
|

South America stoke

Sick Bird Rider
From the same crew that brought you the Baffin Island video above:

123456 ... 23