classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
444 messages Options
12345678 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Ski Videos

Sick Bird Rider
Mike Douglas and the Salomon Freeski TV series visit Russia and experience ski-Glasnost...

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

More of "All.I.Can"

Telemark Dave

The Group Shred (from All.I.Can) from Sherpas Cinema on Vimeo.

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

POV - Eric H.

Telemark Dave
Nice POV from Eric Hjorliefson.  This is a great lesson in slarving, stomping the landings, and how to position a POV helmet cam... (Too many are pointed too low or too high)

Enjoy and don't forget to close your mouth afterwards...

Eric Hjorleifson Contour POV Whistler April 7th from Eric Hjorleifson on Vimeo.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

The new one from Sherpa..

Telemark Dave
Wow.. These guys are on to something...

Into The Mind - Official Teaser from Sherpas Cinema on Vimeo.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The new one from Sherpa..

pro2860
Wow...I think those guys are on something..
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The new one from Sherpa..

Telemark Dave
pro2860 wrote
Wow...I think those guys are on something..
Well that thought also entered into my mind.....

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Horse and buggy ski-jouring!

Telemark Dave

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

A skier's journey continues

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
The latest installment from Chad Sayers and Jordan Manley. A beautifully filmed and thoughtfully told story:

This Iceland adventure is actually pretty accessible for "average" skiers, and quite affordable compared to heli or cat skiing.  Roughly $2K CDN for a week of guided sailboat skiing, or $1800 to stay in the funky farmhouse featured in the movie above, plus $650 return Toronto-Iceland. I'm saving up:

boreaadventures.com
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A skier's journey continues

ml242
I agree about the video and adventure, SBR. It would be a cool experience to stay up there, and the skiing looks pretty fun. There are probably some really exciting lines up there, but I'd be content to ski 1500' corn pitches like the ones they were showing.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Harvey
Hokkaido is so hot right now.

Hokkaido Night Remix from NIMBUS INDEPENDENT on Vimeo.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Sled time!

Telemark Dave
The crew from Nimbus go sledneck stylie!

En Route Sled BC from NIMBUS INDEPENDENT on Vimeo.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sled time!

Sick Bird Rider
Sweetgrass mixes psychedelia and skiing. What could go wrong?

VALHALLA: A New Film From Sweetgrass Productions from Sweetgrass Productions on Vimeo.

Reply | Threaded
|

More Cham footie from Nathan Wallace.

Telemark Dave
Nathan Wallace splits his time between The Sierra and Chamonix.  Here's some recent video from the center of the universe...

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: More Cham footie from Nathan Wallace.

Sick Bird Rider
If you enjoyed the JP Auclair street segment from All.I.Can, here is a fun little "behind the scenes" video:

If you missed the segment somehow, it can be found right here on Harvey Road:
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Move-Over-Sliced-Bread-tp3547097.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Best Ski Videos?

skimore
Ouch...see those helmet cams are good for something....watching yourself get runover

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
skimore wrote
Ouch...see those helmet cams are good for something....watching yourself get runover
I'm always amazed that that stuff gets on YouTube. If that happened to me I'd destroy the thing.

So the other guy just fell off?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey44 wrote
Fairly standard BC sledding procedure - the other guy pushed his machine down the pitch so he could catch up to it at the bottom.

Ouch is right.

And only one half-hearted tele turn in the whole run!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I'm always amazed that that stuff gets on YouTube. If that happened to me I'd destroy the thing.

No they ghost ride them down and then ski down to them. I've a buddy who does this out near Whistler.

But I think the idea is to send them down first. Or at least be heads up if your buddy is sending his down after you already took off skiing
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I know a guy who does that out near Whistler also...he owns Song Mountain here. He says they have only wrecked one sled so far...
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I'm not sure if this belongs here but pretty funny! Video from this morning at Greek Peak...

Yard Sale at Chair 5 from Robert Phelps on Vimeo.

12345678 ... 23