Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt ?

10 messages Options
greif greif
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt ?

Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt and walk around?

So many stories I read and movies show people sticking a pistol in their waistband or in the small of their back (with no holster), but it looks to me that with the flatness and weight of a 45, or lumpiness of a revolver they would soon fall into your pants or out.
You guys that actually handle pistols- what is the scoop- real or not?
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Re: Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt ?

Ha!
The short answer is yes but the practicality of it varies greatly depending on the pants and the pustol. I don't carry now but I did once ride a horse for two hours with a Big revolver stuffed down the back of my Carharts. I wouldn't recommend it though.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

That reminds me of the joke about two guys walking on the beach, one asks the other why he put a potato in his drunks, “to impress the girls”, his friend responded, “then why not put it in the front”?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
HK 45C? Nobody "stuffs" a pistol. Unless it's going to be used in the next 5 minutes, a holster is required. I have suits with extra pockets. Never used them though.
 Rothco.com
Reply |

PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

So are you a double stack build? After this winter I’m feeling like a double stuff oreo build
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Nobody "stuffs" a pistol. Unless it's going to be used in the next 5 minutes, a holster is required.
That is smart and the right policy but not everybody’s smart. In my case I was 25, in Alaska, working as a horse wrangler/guide and I had to take a ride out. I had fed, brushed and saddled my horses and found that the rifle scabbard (normally took a shotgun) wasn’t on the saddle I’d left it on. I couldn’t find another one so I went back in the tent for a pistol. It was sitting there without its holster. So I was like, “what the fuck? Where did the holster go?” Somebody had lent it to somebody else for some reason. By now the van had arrived full of customers so I had to go. I would have gone without but there had ACTUALLY been a BEAR in the area recently and I figured it would be just my luck that the one time I didn’t have a gun would be the time I ran into trouble. It was either find a different place to put the pistol or carry a shotgun on my lap which seemed much worse. So I carefully “stuffed it” I.E. I put my thumb behind the hammer so I would feel if it moved and put it down the back of my pants. I was wearing carhats and a belt so it stayed put, though it wasn’t comfortable (it was a big gun, either a .44 or a .41 magnum- I don’t remember which). I would NEVER carry an auto loader that way even though lots of non-professionals do. Remember Plaxico?
Reply |

You had me at "bear". Lol! I was thinking he just watched Goodfelllas when he said "waistband". Cowboy shit is cowboy shit. You do what ya gotta do!
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Yeah, of course I never did have any critter problems in the two summers I was there. I saw some bears (not many) but only the ass end, as they ran away. WHICH IS FINE.
Reply |

Brownski wrote
Yeah, of course I never did have any critter problems in the two summers I was there. I saw some bears (not many) but only the ass end, as they ran away. WHICH IS FINE.
Fuck that. I'm not trying to test which caliber works best for a bear. If you've ever seen a bear skinned, they're pretty muscular. Don't be fooled by the fat mantra.