Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt ?

greif
Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt and walk around?

So many stories I read and movies show people sticking a pistol in their waistband or in the small of their back (with no holster), but it looks to me that with the flatness and weight of a 45, or lumpiness of a revolver they would soon fall into your pants or out.
You guys that actually handle pistols- what is the scoop- real or not?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can you actually stuff a pistol in your belt ?

Brownski
This post was updated on .
Ha!
The short answer is yes but the practicality of it varies greatly depending on the pants and the pustol. I don't carry now but I did once ride a horse for two hours with a Big revolver stuffed down the back of my Carharts. I wouldn't recommend it though.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
That reminds me of the joke about two guys walking on the beach, one asks the other why he put a potato in his drunks, “to impress the girls”, his friend responded, “then why not put it in the front”?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Brownski
HK 45C? Nobody "stuffs" a pistol. Unless it's going to be used in the next 5 minutes, a holster is required. I have suits with extra pockets. Never used them though.
 Rothco.com
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
So are you a double stack build? After this winter I’m feeling like a double stuff oreo build
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Nobody "stuffs" a pistol. Unless it's going to be used in the next 5 minutes, a holster is required.
That is smart and the right policy but not everybody’s smart. In my case I was 25, in Alaska, working as a horse wrangler/guide and I had to take a ride out. I had fed, brushed and saddled my horses and found that the rifle scabbard (normally took a shotgun) wasn’t on the saddle I’d left it on. I couldn’t find another one so I went back in the tent for a pistol. It was sitting there without its holster. So I was like, “what the fuck? Where did the holster go?” Somebody had lent it to somebody else for some reason. By now the van had arrived full of customers so I had to go. I would have gone without but there had ACTUALLY been a BEAR in the area recently and I figured it would be just my luck that the one time I didn’t have a gun would be the time I ran into trouble. It was either find a different place to put the pistol or carry a shotgun on my lap which seemed much worse. So I carefully “stuffed it” I.E. I put my thumb behind the hammer so I would feel if it moved and put it down the back of my pants. I was wearing carhats and a belt so it stayed put, though it wasn’t comfortable (it was a big gun, either a .44 or a .41 magnum- I don’t remember which). I would NEVER carry an auto loader that way even though lots of non-professionals do. Remember Plaxico?
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
You had me at "bear". Lol! I was thinking he just watched Goodfelllas when he said "waistband". Cowboy shit is cowboy shit. You do what ya gotta do!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Yeah, of course I never did have any critter problems in the two summers I was there. I saw some bears (not many) but only the ass end, as they ran away. WHICH IS FINE.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Brownski wrote
Yeah, of course I never did have any critter problems in the two summers I was there. I saw some bears (not many) but only the ass end, as they ran away. WHICH IS FINE.
Fuck that. I'm not trying to test which caliber works best for a bear. If you've ever seen a bear skinned, they're pretty muscular. Don't be fooled by the fat mantra.
I don't rip, I bomb.