Coffee table book idea

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coffee table book idea

Brownski
Looking for some feedback on an idea I have. I actually came up with this over twenty years ago but never did anything about it. At Great Adventure the other day, me and junior went on the Safari there and it reminded me of an idea that first occurred to me the first summer I worked in Alaska. Other then the moose, all the wildlife took off as soon as they spotted you so most of the time the only view you got was of some animal’s ass as it fled. So my idea was a coffee table book with a title like “A Practical Guide to Wildlife Identification”. It would be full of big glossy pictures of animals’ butts and vivid descriptions of how to tell a Caribou butt from a Dalls Sheep butt.
Some examples:

This is a winner right?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Coffee table book idea

JasonWx
there is something very unsettling about this..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
This might just work
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
raisingarizona wrote
This might just work
I really feel like I’m onto something here. I bet most wildlife photographers have tons of shots that National Gepgraphic rejected that would be perfect.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
there is something very unsettling about this..
It’s the Rhino ass right? Something about that one...
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Brownski
Seems like a good idea for a book to keep in the bathroom, not on the coffee table?
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
I agree with MC.  More as a handbook in the john.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Hey whatever works, I used to have penthouse but if animals do it for you great.  Probably should keep that to yourself.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m gonna have to work on this idea some more. I originally thought of this when I pulled up to what I thought was a typical moose jam on the park road but I couldn’t see any animals so I asked one of the tourists what they were looking at, hoping there was maybe a bear off in the distance that I wasn’t picking up. One of them told me there was a caribou down in a stream bed so I got out and looked. It was actually a Dalls sheep (which is much cooler then a caribou) but it was running away so all you could see was it’s hindquarters and the back of its head. Another time I had two Germans out on a half day ride and we saw a wolverine, which was a big score for me. That’s probably the rarest wildlife sighting on my lifetime list but the German couple had no idea cause all they saw was some brownish hair running away in a blur. I feel like this could be a useful guide as well as being good for a laugh at a dinner party.
Maybe not. I guess if you’re explaining you’re losing...