Quantcast

Cold Weather Skiing

classic Classic View
17 messages Options
Reply |  

Cold Weather Skiing

Cornhead

Five total layers top and bottom, had me feeling a little...Randy, yeah baby. "I can't get my arms down." Felt comfortable all day, mittens, Balaclava, Mad Bomber hat. Even my feet stayed warm, 0° at opening.

Reply |  

Re: Cold Weather Skiing

Harvey
Admin
Who's skiing this weekend?  I'm taking the girls to Gore.  I told Zelda that Saturday's high in North Creek was going to be 10-15 degrees warmer then today...

Reply |  

campgottagopee
I'm skiing---may even have to put my long undies on

Reply |  

gorgonzola
will be dressed like an astronaut  hey harv i'll be at gore as well this weekend, hope do a few runs with ya

Reply |  

Cornhead
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
You and I both have plenty of "natural" insulation.

Reply |  

TomCat
In reply to this post by Harvey
I'll be skiing this weekend. But not sure I'll be ambitious enough to get out really early.  I'm going to bring the snowshoes in case it's too windy, but I think it will be OK. The weather should keep the crowds down.

tom

Reply |  

Cornhead
TomCat wrote
I'll be skiing this weekend. But not sure I'll be ambitious enough to get out really early.  I'm going to bring the snowshoes in case it's too windy, but I think it will be OK. The weather should keep the crowds down.

tom
Sure did yesterday, Greek was deserted, groomers stayed groomed all day, gotta love it!

Reply |  

mattchuck2
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Who's skiing this weekend?  I'm taking the girls to Gore.  I told Zelda that Saturday's high in North Creek was going to be 10-15 degrees warmer then today...

I'll be there.

I was at West last night and Tuesday night, and it didn't really feel that cold (even though temps were in the low single digits and the wind was blowing). I even forgot my ski socks last night and just wore regular cotton.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
campgottagopee wrote
You and I both have plenty of "natural" insulation.

Bought and paid for too dammmmmit

Reply |  

warp daddy
Me and 3 buddies will be out too, we got this cold weather thing all figured out sheeeit been doin Tremblant for years and THIS little. Jr varsity cold snap pales by comparison  

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.