Colorado Conditions

classic Classic
14 messages Options
Reply |  

Colorado Conditions

ml242
I know many of us like to get out West from time to time.

Crested Butte sent out this picture earlier today of the snowliage produced by the aspens and a 3" storm, which I'm a real sucker for. Crested Butte has been on my list for a long time, and I hope to get out there for some pow sometime.

This photo was taken today, 10/2/14, and it looks like CBMR is off to a nice start.

photo by Chris Segal looking at the Paradise Divide.

photo by Chris Segal

Reply |  

Re: Colorado Conditions

Adk Jeff
Surprised nobody posted this yet:

Colorado Ski Season Opens at A-Basin

A-Basin is open as of yesterday (Friday).

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ml242
Sometimes I think I'd like to live in Crested Butte. Cool little downtown, phenomenal mountain biking, awesome skiing.

But then I circle back to this:

If I'm moving out west, I'm looking for western quantities of snow. 150", 125" and 230" the last three years just doesn't cut it.

I still want to check it out, though, and a Taos, CBMR, Wolf Creek trip would be fun in a good Pineapple Express year.

Reply |  

riverc0il
The photo looks good until you get to the top of the image. The sky doesn't look right, too much editing here, I think.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. — October 28, 2014 — Copper Mountain strives to provide the highest quality experience for guests all year long. With this in mind, Copper has made the difficult decision to delay Opening Day for the 2014/15 winter season from Friday, Oct. 31 to Friday, Nov. 7.

Unusually warm temperatures have limited snow making production causing the inability to create a top-to-bottom skiing and riding experience for our planned opening day. With the forecast looking favorable, Copper Mountain’s Resort Leadership is confident the snow making team can create a quality surface for opening on Friday, Nov. 7. Top-to-bottom skiing will be open on Ptarmigan via Excelerator lift as well as on Rhapsody and Main Vein via American Eagle lift. Easy Rider will also be open for beginner terrain.

Copper will once again introduce the full roster of Olympic medalists and World Champion alpine skiers while hosting the First Tracks Alpine Team Naming presented by Nature Valley on Saturday, Nov. 8. Athletes expected to attend include Mikaela Shiffrin, Julia Mancuso, Ted Ligety, Bode Miller and Lindsey Vonn. This full day pep-rally allows fans a chance to watch the U.S. Alpine Ski Team train, participate in a fan-led parade, cheer on and send off their favorite athletes on the Audi FIS Alpine World Cup ski season.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

ml242
Arapahoe Basin is open to skinning now during non operational hours.... they've had a lot of snow lately too.

Reply |  

ml242
The early season dumping continues at Monarch Monarch...

Reply |  

ml242
Monarch has installed a webcam...

http://skimonarch.com/webcams

Reply |  

Sick Bird Rider
ml242 wrote
Monarch has installed a webcam...

http://skimonarch.com/webcams
It is very dark there right now.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |  

PeeTex
In reply to this post by ml242