Quantcast

Craft Beer Thread

classic Classic
278 messages Options
1234 ... 28
Reply |  

Craft Beer Thread

Coach Z
Seems like we need a craft beer discussion thread. Post your beer finds, bars, beer fests etc here.

If you like hoppy beers you have to try Lake Placid Pub and Brewery's new seasonal - Admiral Nelson IPA which clocks in at 85 ibu's.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

Re: Craft beer thread

Face4Me
I knew even before I opened this message that you started this thread!!!!

Have you tried this?

http://www.kentuckyale.com/kentucky-bourbon-barrel-ale

It's one of the best beers I've ever had.

Next time you're down my way, there's a new place that opened that you'll really like. They don't brew their own, but they carry anywhere from 16 - 20 different beers on draft, and they constantly change what they have ... as in almost every time you go in there, it's different. They also sell tons of bottled beers as well. Very limited food menu, but very good beer!

It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply |  

DrSkimeister
In reply to this post by Coach Z
Had this while out with my wife last night. Liked it so well that I sought it out to have at home today. A reminder that the Germans do beer the best.

Reply |  

Coach Z
Face you got me pegged - skiing, golf, and good beer pretty much sums me up

I have not seen that Ky bourbon beer - sounds good

Ayinger is one of Germany's top brewers.  It's more of a craft brewer that most larger scale brewers over there.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Reply |  

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Reply |  

DrSkimeister
Tonight's refreshment...

much better draft than from bottle

Reply |  

Coach Z
In reply to this post by DackerDan
DackerDan wrote
Has anyone tried Tuckerman Brewing, Headwall Alt? Got friends in NH who will visit this summer, may ask them to bring a case if it is good.
I am a fan of a good Alt and the last time I had one was when I was in Duesseldorf, home of Alt beer. Alt is an interesting brew, it is one of the few German ales.
Long Trail is an Alt as well.  I have not had the Tucks one but heard it is good

Reply |  

njadk
Coach Z wrote
Long Trail is an Alt as well.  I have not had the Tucks one but heard it is good
Has anyone had the Long Trail Triple Bag? The Double Bag is one of my favorites, and I just tried the Triple Bag a few weeks ago. You could certainly taste the 50% more bag, but I wasn't as blown as away as I would have hoped for a beer that was marketed in a 4-pack for almost $3 per bottle.

Reply |  

DackerDan
In reply to this post by Coach Z
Coach Z wrote
DackerDan wrote
Has anyone tried Tuckerman Brewing, Headwall Alt? Got friends in NH who will visit this summer, may ask them to bring a case if it is good.
I am a fan of a good Alt and the last time I had one was when I was in Duesseldorf, home of Alt beer. Alt is an interesting brew, it is one of the few German ales.
I know I have had a long trail but not sure it was their Ale, the web site says is an Alt. I'll give it a try.

Reply |  

Noah John
Banned
Have you guys tried PBR?  It comes in cans and convenient 12 packs.

Alright all you beer snobs, be honest: How many comic book conventions have you attended in the past and when was the last time you played Dungeons and Dragons?     I know you're all the same guys.

1234 ... 28