Do Not Call

6 messages Options
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Do Not Call

did the Do Not Call List expire or something? In the last like 4 days I've gotten 20 spam phone calls on my cell I never had that before.

Anyone else seeing that?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Re: Do Not Call

Yep , that Do not call list  is apparently worthless. Boo!!
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
The do not call list turned moot about 4 years+ years ago, it became unenforceable and there were also ways around it. I got a phone number from a VOIP supplier for $15/yr and give that out as my phone number. It’s like a spam email address. These are the contact points you give out and you only give out your cell or real email to close friends. That’s the world we live in.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Z Z
Reply |

I used to get like 5 robo cals a day.  I noticed Charter my voip provided was offering a free service to block them.  Works darn well.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

For me though I never got them until a few weeks ago. Now I'm getting two a day.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

When I get a call from a number I don't know - especially a suspicious looking one - I answer but don't say anything.  When you answer a robocall and say something, your phone number gets flagged as a "sucker," resulting in more calls.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.