Quantcast

Downstate Tele Mount?

classic Classic
23 messages Options
Reply |  

Downstate Tele Mount?

Harvey
Admin
Once again the importance of a righteous binding mount has been highlighted.

I need a pair of tele skis.  They are coming via UPS this week.  I have a pair of Rotte R-8s in hand.

I need a shop close to 87 to mount them by appointment either late Friday or early Sat am.

This coming weekend looks like Catskills for me, so downstate would be better.  I know I could use Alpine or Inside Edge if I was going farther, and I may have too.

I need somebody who knows what they are doing.  I got really lucky on Saturday.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Re: Downstate Tele Mount?

Ethan Snow
Huntah.

Reply |  

moguljunkie
Not near 87, but Windham sells Rottefella bindings so should be able to mount them:

http://www.windhammountain.com/resort-services/demo-center/

Reply |  

Brownski
In reply to this post by Harvey
You should reach out to Campmor in Paramus, see if they can get you in. they're on route 17, not far off the garden state

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
I will consider that for sure.

I called Ski Barn and they asked me how to spell "Rottefella."

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

tjf1967
Inquiring minds, well me, want to hear the story of the lost ski.  I almost lost a ski this weekend two different times.

Reply |  

ADmiKe
I have a similar need - I have to get my AT setup re-mounted to new skis (warranty issue)...need to find somewhere who can mount a kingpin for me either downstate or in placid...and not just mount it...mount it correctly, the first time..

Reply |  

Brownski
I'll bet the Campmor guys can help. I only got NNNs and super light boots but they had a pretty good selection of more serious stuff too

Reply |  

Marcski
Are you mounting a 22 designs?  I may be able to get you the jig.  I'm a self server these days.  PM or text me Harvey.

Reply |  

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
High Peaks Cyclery mounted my Dynafits, I'm sure they can do the Kingpins, but give a call.

I think they may have left the heel gap a bit too big, only one release this weekend (landing an icy trough) after putting the DIN to 9 and adjusting the heel gap, so give them a look over when they are done.