classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Elite Ski Memberships

Harvey
Administrator
This really nice lady who likes my writing, wants me to do some writing for her.  I think.  Actually my schedule is booked up, that's the truth. With winter coming and all.

Dear Mr. Harvey,

Thank you for providing an honest approach to every ski article you post. I find it hard to find articles nowadays that standout. Most find themselves to be very generic in nature. I enjoyed your recent article about skiing in the Alps. It showed there are many places that are hidden gems that are not marketed as so. Someday it would be nice to travel to one of these places and experience something new.

With that in mind, I do some freelance work for Talisker, a luxury real-estate development company in Park City. It’s a large developer that owns and operates a number of great communities as well as the award-winning Talisker Club in Park City. I think your readers would respond well to information on Talisker’s residential options as well as the great lifestyle amenities available.  

World-renowned architect Robert A.M. Stern was enlisted to design the social epicenter of Tuhaye at the Talisker Club Park. The residents of Tuhaye community, one of the unique communities of Talisker, have many private privileges, including access via the Talisker Tower to Deer Valley Resort. I have included the link to these special communities: http://talisker.com/thecommunity.html 

I look forward to reading about the latest ski articles. It would be wonderful to talk about your ideas on a guest post for your readers on your blog. I believe your readers would enjoy reading about the standout club membership Talisker offers.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding opportunities.  
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Elite Ski Memberships

JTG4eva!
Tell her you need to experience the place first hand in order to determine if an article or post about it would be appropriate for Harvey Road.  If you find it to be so you might welcome the information.

Perhaps she flies you out or gives you some free lodging or skiing.  
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Maybe my girls would dig it but I think I'd want to ski at a higher elevation.

Is it insane to stay in PC and ski LCC? like everyday you are there.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
In reply to this post by Harvey
Is it possible that she is suggesting a post from her on your blog about the club.  She says "It would be wonderful to talk about your ideas on a guest post for your readers on your blog. I believe your readers would enjoy reading about the standout club membership Talisker offers"

That seems to indicate she would like to write an article about the Tallsker club and post it on your blog.  

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm sure that's what she's suggesting Claude. Get these all the time.  She wants the content, the traffic and I'm sure backlinks.

Be fun to tell her I need a fam trip anyway, but not fun enough to make it worth the time.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Enlist powass to do an interview for ya
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Holy lifestyles of the rich and famous ---- no thanks, I'll pass
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Really wow....I usually get the standard...we are SEO experts in India....we would love to help out your business.  I feel like responding back with....currently we have zero revenue but we expect it to sky rocket any day now...do the work for now and will pay when it sky rockets LOL  ;)

I would still try for a trip to review the place.  It looks swanky :) I like the lifestyle of the rich and famous....but right now I am living the lifestyle of the middle class and in debt...haha....but at least I get to ski once in a while and no one is shooting at me.  :)  

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
I was going to buy this one, but it only has 11 bathrooms and my wife will not except anything less than 20 bathrooms.  She says no self respecting billionaire would live in a place like this.  What a dump!    
http://talisker.com/red-cloud-listings/40-red-cloud-trail
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by BigK75
Dude I'll help you with SEO if you show me all the Ontario pow staches.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Oh god....this is Ontario...it's pancake flat...until I saw pictures of SBR and TD I didn't think there was any backcountry skiing in Ontario.  Maybe I have to go with them one day if they wouldn't mind me tagging along.  Either way I am 39 and I have never gone backcountry in Ontario or anywhere else for that matter :)

But I am a fairly competent skier even if its in bounds.  I can show you our ski areas.  Even though they are small compared to almost anywhere, they are a lot of fun.  If you think they suck I can show you Toronto :)

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
hatchet throwing??
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Tell her you need to experience the place first hand in order to determine if an article or post about it would be appropriate for Harvey Road.  If you find it to be so you might welcome the information.

Perhaps she flies you out or gives you some free lodging or skiing.
Yea Harv, jump on this. Your blog has always taken you places, your trip reports are great and people like you. Not a stretch to think you could easily move up to bigger exposure and the nice things that come with it. I could see  companies treating you and your fam to some mega swag. Your fam desires it and would love it Harv.

Do it !
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by BigK75
Snowballs you are nuts buddy.

BigK... I was trying to be funny, but I guess my Czeck ain't so good.

How far are you from Pipeline or Bonk Hill?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Hmmm - if they weren't so busy with the ad campaign maybe they would have renewed their lease on time. DOH!
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
I get this crap all the time in from my blog. I am impressed that this person actually read at least a headline if not a full article to comment on it. Most of the time, I get straight copy... "nice site, here is what you can do to help me do my job for me..."

Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
I knew you were joking...BTW I am not Czeck, I am Polish :)....err sort of...I came to Canada when I was 6.  Then I left to Australia...then I cam back.....yadda yadda yadda and I am now in Kitchener-Waterloo with a wife and kids :)

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Harvey wrote
 Snowballs you are nuts buddy.
That's exactly what you said when I told you to start this place.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Look how many, many industry events it's gotten you to. Many inside connections also.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User