classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Finding that Magical Skier Lady Friend

nepa
Adrider83 wrote
I've been holding out to hopefully one day find a mountain lady, but as time moves on, and my grimy bachelor skier ways become less and less endearing, I'm not sure what will happen next.
Hold out as long as you have to... I waited until I was in my mid 30's and found everything I was looking for. (a split-board chick about 5 yrs younger than me that lives for snow as much as I do + she makes good money).  Now if I could only get her to ride skis again...

Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
My advice - find a girl who at least tolerates outdoor activity, and invest the time and energy to teach her to ski.  When I first met my gf she had skied once or twice her whole life.  Today she isn't a ski addict like me, but she'll ski 15 days a year, and she can almost ski anything I can albeit slower.  Other then maybe Chatiemac glades (which can be very steep and narrow), there isn't a trail she hasn't done at Gore.

Also make the off mountain time as enjoyable for her as possible.  Don't be cheap - pay up for nice lodging and nice dinners.  Take her to the fancy cocktail bar off the mountain for apres.   When going out West prioritze the town you'll be going to as well.  I'd love to ski Big Sky but from what I know it's a pretty basic town.  Instead I take my gf to places like Whistler and Breck so she can enjoy the shopping and restaurants as well as the skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
my fiance likes skiing but usally comes 2-3 times a year.  I like that she has different passions. It is good to get away with the guys
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
louie.mirags wrote
my fiance likes skiing but usally comes 2-3 times a year.  I like that she has different passions. It is good to get away with the guys
Yes! Be careful what you wish for.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
louie.mirags wrote
Truth right there!

I remember telling my grandfather about my first girlfriend ----- he asked:

Does she hunt?
Does she golf?
Does she ski?

I answered no to all of those.

He responded, good for you!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
louie.mirags wrote
Truth right there!I remember telling my grandfather about my first girlfriend ----- he asked:Does she hunt? Does she golf? Does she ski?She's a girl this time, right?I answered no to all of those.He responded, good for you!
Fixed it for you bro!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
liar!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Hahaha. Hey, what you do at camp is your business ,,,,, but we already knew so,,,, it ain't like you been out-ed Cam.