Forum Issues and Questions

classic Classic
39 messages Options
Reply |  

Forum Issues and Questions

Harvey
Admin
If you have questions about The NY Ski Forums, post them here.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Re: The Forum: Read Before Your 1st Post

oboe
OK, Harv, no politics or religion. I take it that sex is fair game?

Reply |  

Re: Email Alerts to New Posts

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Is there a way to not have the default setting be "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread"?  I just started getting a bunch of emails that I don't want . . .

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Matt... I'm traveling today, but have reached out the backend guys via email.

It should be pretty easy to disable. (I think).

Other forums work this way but only send you one email until you visit again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Is there a way to not have the default setting be "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread"?  I just started getting a bunch of emails that I don't want . . .
I had been discussing with the developers the option to set this preference individually. When I saw Matt's post I thought - oops they went ahead and did something without talking about it. Turns out they did it system wide - to all the forums they host.  By the time I asked about it, many others had done the same.

I'm told this has been returned to the way it was a few days ago. Let me know if there are still issues.

FYI this is not related to the new format. I'll probaby create a thread for forum issues, and move this over.

Reply |  

Re: Forum Issues and Questions

lingerlonger
Banned
In reply to this post by Harvey
Why can I no longer edit my posts?

Reply |  

Jamesdeluxe
lingerlonger wrote
Why can I no longer edit my posts?
There have been no recent software changes, but Harv has notified tech support because HE CARES ABOUT YOU!

FYI, I just edited this post, so it works for me.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by lingerlonger
Been on the road most of the day.

But I sent a txt to the developers about 90 mins ago to see what was up.

I'm also able to edit my own posts.

Anyone else having issues?

Reply |  

Adk Jeff
Nope, unable to edit my posts.
Logged out and then back in again, still unable.
Can't imagine why LL would feel he needs to go back and edit his comments. He's usually just so... right.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Ok. The team is on it.

FYI this forum software and hosting is free.  Basically we are acting as beta testers.

The guys who own the company are constantly adding features and upgrading. (You might not notice changes but I do!)

Looks like I can still edit. If you have a crucial change you want to make, PM me and I'll do it for you.

Sorry about the inconvenience.