59 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Giants

ScottyJack
Starting to think two things

1. McAdoo is not HC material and quite frankly not OC worthy either

2. Giants need players on both sides of the ball. Maybe shop OBJ for some proven OL, DL and DB talent...

I was worried OBJ might go TO. Was hoping he keep it together but the dog peeing thing was, well troubling...  i guess given his past emotional outbursts and over celebrating TDs in losing efforts the peeing thing is tipping my boat in Regards for OBJ.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Giants

campgottagopee
I concur

We got rid of Coughlin and getting the same results. Guess it wasn't him.

OBJ ---- Herm Edwards had the best line regarding his antics. " I wonder what his parents think of his actions".  

Manning looks more nervous that a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs every single time he drops back. I can't say that I blame him but in today's game you have to be mobile. He's far from that.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
I like both OBJ and TO (and Randy Moss and Ocho Cinco). I like flashy, pompous receivers. I think they're entertaining.

The Giants looked fine yesterday (after their slow start) and got beat by a great sideline catch and a 61 yard field goal from a rookie kicker. A little wind and that game could've had a completely different outcome.

So much parity in the NFL these days, every game is tough. The Steelers lost to the browns, the Patriots almost got beat by the Texans at home. It's a tough league! If you want to blame the coach for the Giants struggles, fine. But I think the teams they played so far (Cowboys, Lions, Eagles) are all solid teams. In fact, looking at their schedule, I don't see many easy games. If they played the Jets, Dolphins, & Bills twice, like the Patriots do, they'd have 6 easy wins. But they play in a tough division and have a tough out of Division schedule.

I say give McAdoo till next season, go through one more draft cycle with him, then, if he starts out 0-3 again, talk about his job at this time next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I like Mark Bravo.  I thought it was great entertainment when he ran ocer and carried Ronnie Lot
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
totally concur with the weak schedule every year for the Pats.  They are dead last in NFL for yardage allowed and points allowed but won two out of three.

Giants have a very tough schedule. Not impressed with JPP.  I was hoping we didnt sign him to big money.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
So much parity in the NFL these days, every game is tough......If they played the Jets, Dolphins, & Bills twice, like the Patriots do, they'd have 6 easy wins.
Huh?  Which is it??  Is every game tough, or are there easy wins out there???

In case you hadn’t noticed, the Bills beat the Broncos yesterday, and most people seem to think Denver is pretty good.

Not sure what the G Mens problems are, but maybe the Jets won’t be the worst NY football team this year, which doesn’t say much for the Giants!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
So much parity in the NFL these days, every game is tough......If they played the Jets, Dolphins, & Bills twice, like the Patriots do, they'd have 6 easy wins.
Huh?  Which is it??  Is every game tough, or are there easy wins out there???
Both! Every game is tough. Every team can have good days and bad days.

But some teams are objectively weaker. The j
Jets have Josh McCown at QB and no name receivers (besides late addition Kearse).

I think Denver is good, and I can't believe the Bills won. Denver D really dropped the ball.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I cant believe the Giants are 0-3. I was praying to the TV sunday!!  This sucks!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Sorry, time for another Huh?

The Denver D dropped the ball??  They held the Bills to less than 300 yards of total offense, had 4 sacks, and TOP was equal.  That’s not a bad defensive game.  The Broncos offense shit the bed in this one, while the Bills figured out ways of doing enough to score points, and to force turnovers on the Broncos last four possessions, which can’t be blamed on the Denver D.

Is the Bills win over the Broncos more a sign of the parity of which you speak, or the “any given Sunday” effect of which you also speak?

Given that the Bills are one of the objectively weaker teams (the antithesis of parity) that the Patriots get to feast on twice a year I guess this was an “any given Sunday” result.....
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Sorry, time for another Huh?

The Denver D dropped the ball??  They held the Bills to less than 300 yards of total offense, had 4 sacks, and TOP was equal.  That’s not a bad defensive game.  The Broncos offense shit the bed in this one, while the Bills figured out ways of doing enough to score points, and to force turnovers on the Broncos last four possessions, which can’t be blamed on the Denver D.

Is the Bills win over the Broncos more a sign of the parity of which you speak, or the “any given Sunday” effect of which you also speak?

Given that the Bills are one of the objectively weaker teams (the antithesis of parity) that the Patriots get to feast on twice a year I guess this was an “any given Sunday” result.....
Didn't watch the game (jets were on here), but giving up 26 points to a team that scored 3 last week, seems like a ball dropping.

And, yeah, I'd say the Bills are a weak team, who will win about 5 games this season, and Denver will win 9 or 10. But, any team can beat any other team because of parity.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Writing was on the wall when we lost to Cleveland during preseason  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
So, the Bills (any team) can beat the Broncos (any other team) because of the state of equality among teams in the NFL (parity)......but the Bills are a weaker team than (not equal to) the Broncos?

People like to throw around the term parity, but it doesn’t exist in the NFL.  As you said, objectively, there are better teams and weaker teams, the exact opposite of parity.  However, because we are dealing with collections of professional athletes and coaches who’s performances can vary on any given Sunday, anything can happen.....but that isn’t parity.

Unfortunately for us the Jets and Giants are both objectively weaker teams, and the Bills will be the “NY” team with the most victories this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
There can be parity (any team can beat any other team) and strong/weak teams.

Why is this hard to get for you?

In a sport with no parity (Alpine Skiing), the skiers from the Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands have no chance to beat the best skiers from the U.S. or Austria.

In the major sports, there is pretty good parity. Some (NFL), are better than others (NBA) on this metric.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Why is this hard to get for you?
Because “parity” among teams (a state of being equal) and “objectively weaker/better” teams (decidedly NOT equal) seem like diametrically opposed concepts to me......but that may just be me, I guess!

I think parity is a de riguere term misapplied in today’s sports landscape.

I also don’t like blatant, unobjective, self contradictions, like saying every game in the NFL is tough.....unless of course you are playing the AFC East.😜
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
For your amusement and reading pleasure....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/14713796/super-bowl-50-mlb-greater-parity-nfl

Listen, I agree with you that on any given Sunday any team CAN win any given football game.  However, that is more likely the result of the Patriot’s best players stinking up the joint while the Jet’s mediocre (or less) players have a career day.  It has nothing to do with the equal talent levels that parity implies.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I like both OBJ and TO (and Randy Moss and Ocho Cinco). I like flashy, pompous receivers. I think they're entertaining.

The Giants looked fine yesterday (after their slow start) and got beat by a great sideline catch and a 61 yard field goal from a rookie kicker. A little wind and that game could've had a completely different outcome.

So much parity in the NFL these days, every game is tough. The Steelers lost to the browns, the Patriots almost got beat by the Texans at home. It's a tough league! If you want to blame the coach for the Giants struggles, fine. But I think the teams they played so far (Cowboys, Lions, Eagles) are all solid teams. In fact, looking at their schedule, I don't see many easy games. If they played the Jets, Dolphins, & Bills twice, like the Patriots do, they'd have 6 easy wins. But they play in a tough division and have a tough out of Division schedule.

I say give McAdoo till next season, go through one more draft cycle with him, then, if he starts out 0-3 again, talk about his job at this time next year.
I wouldn't be so excited about the Giants offense quite yet. The eagles were missing 3 starting d-backs and lost their best LB (Hicks) and best d lineman (Cox) in the first quarter. The eagles were in a soft cover 2 for most of the game and rarely blitzed. Eli was not sacked and threw for 366 yards against about half the eagles D. The giants could not run the ball (49 yards) only had the ball for 22:28 vs the eagles 37:32. The eagles ran the ball for 193 yards against the giants d. Giants have a tough road ahead of them.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Ok here's my Grand Torino moment : that dog pissing douchebag OBJ is a talented but FN sick  mofo who needs his  ass jacked by management and the league .

Ok , i feel GOOD now !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Grand Torino was a great movie!

I agree with you sentiment Warp ---- that dude needs to be dealt with. You can bet your ass Coughlin wouldn't put up with his shit.
Reply | Threaded
|

Giants

JTG4eva!
Shush up!  He’s on my fantasy team, I need him to lift his leg, OFTEN!