Go Vail!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Go Vail!!

dmc_hunter
WOW!! Hunter is blowing more snow at once than I've ever seen.   Friday should be great!!  Tons of terrain will be open.
Go Vail!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Go Vail!!

Bandit
Glad to hear it. Was planning on Killington but Hunter is close to home.

Wonder what the odds are for Gore opening this weekend? That’d be free on my ski3 but if they don’t announce something really soon I doubt it happens.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
from the cams it's looks like they blew  main line , belt and something over on the west side?

this is the biggest and earliest opening i can remember in my 40 yrs skiing there..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
H-B-K, Belt Pkwy, Jimmy Heuga, Minya Konka
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
dmc_hunter wrote
WOW!! Hunter is blowing more snow at once than I've ever seen.   Friday should be great!!  Tons of terrain will be open.
Go Vail!!
Did Peak Resorts add any snowmaking infrastructure over the summer?  I know the stuff added for the new terrain was automated.  If they automated some of the old guns, that makes it a lot easier to get going during a cold snap in early season.

Does Hunter ever run out of water for snowmaking?
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Not sure about the snowmaking - they worked on the top of the northface area at the end of the summer..   But I think that was more regrading..

Never heard them running out of water - they have a couple "ponds"..
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Scoring one for Vail on the Hunter opening today..

Chair opened right on time!  Trails in great shape!! Grooming was perfect!!  They gave us ski socks..  Nice to have HBK and Belt on opening day - more open tomorrow..

So far so good!!!  WOOOOHOOO!!!