Quantcast

Goggles?

classic Classic View
20 messages Options
Reply |  

Goggles?

Raymo40
Looking to pick up a new pair of goggles. Would like to get a lens that helps in flat light but would still be ok if it was sunny. Any suggestions. Looking good would also be cool.

Reply |  

Re: Goggles?

Condor
you could grab a pair of smith I/O's (not I/Os unless you have a smaller face, I/Os=I/O small) and have the best of both worlds as far as conditions. comes with 2 lenses, 1 sunny day lens and one overcast lens, very easy to change....plus you get the cool factor!! price wise they are $165 with both lenses. if you arent looking to spend that much the phenom from smith is a great goggle as well for about $119-$129. the red sensor and sensor mirror are great east coast lenses. if you want a little bit of a bigger fit the prophecy is a great goggle as well for the same price. the io, phenom, and prophecy are all spherical lenses as well and have a porex filter to help prevent fogging.

Reply |  

JasonWx
i always buy the cheapest ones that fit..just bought ones with yellow lens for the cloudy/snowy days..29.00

if you brake them or scratch them no biggie..

Reply |  

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Raymo40
Raymo40 wrote
Would like to get a lens that helps in flat light but would still be ok if it was sunny.
Any Oakley with the high-intensity persimmons lens. The high-intensity yellow lens, though a bit better in flat light, will melt your eyeballs when the sun comes out.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
I've always gone for some shade of amber for flat light.  It's cloudy a lot, and that's when I want to make sure I can see the terrain. I'll deal with the sun when it comes.  With any luck I'm in the trees anyway.  :)

Not sure what my new gansta goggles are.  They are shiny on the outside but not as amber as other goggles I've had.

"...at least I get to ski once in a while and no one is shooting at me."  -BigK75
Reply |  

Snowballs
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Huh!, that's funny. Ditto on the Smith I/O goggles Condor. I'm literally buying a pair right now. Great style, cool looking, less frame = more field of vision, and 2 lens = only needing one pair of goggles.

The lens swap out on the I/O's is so easy, so slick, it's kinda sad no one ever built it before.

incoming.......DUCK !!!
Reply |  

Snowballs
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Not sure what my new gansta goggles are.
Hehehe. Gansta? Jersey Thug44 ?

incoming.......DUCK !!!
Reply |  

Benny Profane
Today you have to try them on with your helmet on. Make sure that works together.

funny like a clown
Reply |  

Raymo40
Thanks the Smiths sound like what i'm looking for. I'll check them out.

Reply |  

Raymo40
Took the plunge and picked up the Smith I/O. Sweet goggle
A big thanks to my man Snowballs for e-mailing me a link to a e-bay site were I picked them up for 89 bucks