Gore Mountain Adirondack Express Replacement.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
511 messages Options
123456 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Mountain Adirondack Express Replacement.

Peter Minde
Skiing is not a tropical sport.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Any news of the last day that it will be running?  I would love to be one of the last people to ride it.
Would be really nice to see them send the old girl off in proper fashion.  Kind of like what they are doing for the stateside lodge up at Jay this weekend.  Anyone heard anything through the grapevine?  A party in honor of the lift on closing day?  Any idea if they will be selling the chairs off?  Can't imagine they would reuse them.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Had to post this photo from Austria, 8 seater with bubble:
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla wrote
snoloco wrote
Any news of the last day that it will be running?  I would love to be one of the last people to ride it.
Would be really nice to see them send the old girl off in proper fashion.  Kind of like what they are doing for the stateside lodge up at Jay this weekend.  Anyone heard anything through the grapevine?  A party in honor of the lift on closing day?  Any idea if they will be selling the chairs off?  Can't imagine they would reuse them.
I heard they were actually going to re use it and move it so that it will carry people from downtown NC to the ski bowl.

Wait - this isn't the April fools thread...
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
i heard greek was buying it...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
I am going to break my own spam rule and post the same link twice. In the same thread no less.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla wrote
snoloco wrote
Just e-mailed Gore asking when its last day of operation is.  If and when they respond I will post any relevant information I get right here.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
snoloco wrote
Just e-mailed Gore asking when its last day of operation is.  If and when they respond I will post any relevant information I get right here.
Last day of ops is tentatively scheduled for 4/14. Obviously that could change.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Harvey44 wrote
snoloco wrote
Last day of ops is tentatively scheduled for 4/14. Obviously that could change.
For the whole mountain or just the ADK Express?  I was referring to the last day that the ADK Express would be running so that I could go and be one of the last people to ride it.  If 4/14 is the last day for the whole mountain, then would the ADK Express be running?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
My bad I misunderstood.

I'd be surprised if the Express is running on 4/14. But that is just a guess.  

It's running tomorrow so it will probably run this weekend?
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
They signed the contract for the new lift today, very similar to BRQ. The ADKex is not going away..feast on that
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Darkside Shaman wrote
They signed the contract for the new lift today, very similar to BRQ. The ADKex is not going away..feast on that
Wow that is "juicy":)  So many questions.  You said ADKex is not going away... But you didn't say it was going to stay in the same place. Adkex = North Side express? If it stays in exactly the same place hmmm. You have my attention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This info has been available since April 30, 2012.

(Something about a horse and water... :)
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
When I went on 4/7 I thought that it was the last day that it would run this season and possibly ever.  I was correct about the part that it was done for the season since it did not run 4/13 or 4/14, but I heard that they did not sign the contract yet for the new lift.  I heard this from the ticket person, so I don't know if it is correct.  I was told that they did have an offer however.  I was also told that when I come back next year there is a slim chance that it will still be there.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I really like that lift, it's pretty damn unique. Hopefully it manages to stick around in some form.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by snoloco
Yup and I get my info from the janitor, so who knows...
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
I really like that lift, it's pretty damn unique. Hopefully it manages to stick around in some form.
I think that it is unlikely that it will be replaced for next year because when Hunter put in the Kaatskill Flyer they announced it at the end of the season before it was installed.  I just looked at the website and there is nothing about it yet.  You would think that as of now the removal process would be starting.  Also when I was there on closing day the chairs were still on-line and you would think that they would have taken them off at the end of the day on its last day of operation.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Is there an update about the new HSQ?  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
x10003q wrote
Is there an update about the new HSQ?
Not happening this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Will next year be it's last?  If it is I could miss the last rides on it because unfortunately, I may not make it to Gore due to some changes in my season pass setup.  When it is removed, I heard that it is definitely being scrapped because it is an old design and there are no replacement parts available.  If they sell the chairs maybe NY Ski Blog should buy one.
123456 ... 26