Gore Mountain Adirondack Express Replacement.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
511 messages Options
1234567 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Mountain Adirondack Express Replacement.

Harvey
Administrator
I am now officially a spammer posting the same link three times in one thread:

This is what Mike Pratt said in April of 2012:

"There are two lift big jobs that we’re planning — replacing both the Adirondack Express and the High Peaks Chair. It’s our goal to replace both of those chairs, as part of the same project, within the next five years. We are also planning for a major renovation to the Saddle Lodge and we want to make the original gondola’s summit unloading barn a warming facility with waterless bathrooms."

The last time I spoke to him he was still thinking this way.  Nothing is assured.  Key phrases above are "goal," "five years" and "same project."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
I'd really miss the Dark Side double if they removed it and replaced it with a lift from the base.  On crowded or rare powder days  we like to lap the road less traveled.  Let's keep the Dark Side a relative secret.  No need for the day trippers to find it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
CMR wrote
I'd really miss the Dark Side double if they removed it and replaced it with a lift from the base.
While I personally agree with this, there is only one choice. Proceed as Mike laid out or do nothing.

But both lifts are really old, and really tough to get parts for. Especially the double.

If it were to die for good mid-season...

In my dreams that lift is an electric single.  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Harvey44 wrote
CMR wrote
I'd really miss the Dark Side double if they removed it and replaced it with a lift from the base.
While I personally agree with this, there is only one choice. Proceed as Mike laid out or do nothing.

But both lifts are really old, and really tough to get parts for. Especially the double.

If it were to die for good mid-season...

In my dreams that lift is an electric single.  
The High Peaks Chair could not be replaced with an existing lift from the base.  The only options are the Sunway Chair, which is too short and way too slow, the Gondola which couldn't make less sense, and the Adirondack Express which if everything was done like Mike Pratt said, would be removed and scrapped the same year.  My guess is that its replacement is a relocation from another mountain or a new install.  I have never spent too much time on the Dark Side because I have never been to Gore on a powder day.  I would like that lift to stay, but its time has most likely passed so, it should be either rebuilt, (wishful thinking) or removed before it breaks beyond repair.  Also, we don't want this happening.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Calling tBatt...the photoshop master...

Could you place the Gondola on the Dark Side? Or maybe... the TRAM from Jay Peak.  :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
I would just like to see the High Peaks chair go back up to the true summit again.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by CMR
CMR wrote
I'd really miss the Dark Side double if they removed it and replaced it with a lift from the base.  On crowded or rare powder days  we like to lap the road less traveled.  Let's keep the Dark Side a relative secret.  No need for the day trippers to find it.

Best lift at Gore. Agreed on all counts, if you're going to replace it the only option would be a High Speed Poma. So old school.
Reply | Threaded
|