Gore Mtn, NY: 12/29/11 (Return to Quicksilver)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn, NY: 12/29/11 (Return to Quicksilver)

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 8: If you ski Gore early season (and let's face it - it is still early season) - you can undoubted recall finding nice bumps under snowmaking on Quicksilver.  Today was that day.

The Gondi ride showed Wild Air poundage..

Mmmm open this up!

Sunway was also getting hammered...

While we've certainly skied Topridge under the guns with far less cover...

I guess it makes sense that standards are higher for a blue trail on the front side.

Wildair: Pretty please?

Quicksilver was getting the treatment...

Quicksilver

Zach on Quicksilver

Some stuff was skiable early...

Topridge

Today's shot of Headwaters

And other stuff skied well late...

Pine Knot

We ended the day again on the POMA. Yesterday Neve insisted she wanted to be a snowboarder. Today, she was off that and wanting to ski SWITCH. She actually sorta did it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 12/29/11 (Return to Quicksilver)

poindexter
Quicksilver was definitely my favorite run today, although Hawkeye was a close second.  Other than the time my son took a big face-plant under one of the guns on Quicksilver, which caused a minor detour in the lodge for some gatorade and a rest, we had a great day.  The crowds made things a little hectic on the lower mountain in the afternoon.  I hope they open Wild Air tomorrow, as they will need to spread people out a bit. Things will only get more crowded as we approach the weekend.  By the way Harvey, my son and I were right behind you and your family on the Adk Express lift today, when you almost lost your pole. I would have skated over to say hello, but the kids were screaming for food. Next time I'll let them wait and introduce myself.
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
This post was updated on .
Man that looks good. I can't wait, coming up tomorrow. Tuning my skis as I type.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
In reply to this post by Harvey
Website says Wild Air will be open tomorrow and ungroomed
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
foxlair+sunway+quicksilver=insanely fun. guns were making great snow and every little bump added to the fun. dont think ive lapped those trails so many times in one day. crowds kinda sucked but also added to the fun in a way....to a certain extent anyway. wont be back till sunday but wildair looked very nice! upper part of open pit looked like it could open with a little work, pretty crusty though so they either need to groom it or just open it and let people break it in. overall though great day!
Reply | Threaded
|

MattyR
Really looking forward to my fist day on Saturday.  One question...Is it safe enough to break out the brand new skis, or stick with the old ones until there's better coverage?
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
In reply to this post by Harvey
You are right on about Quicksliver. I took My first run down Showcase to sleighride and found it groomed nice, but hard. Next ride up I did Foxlair, Sunway to Quicksilver. That was the ticket for me, I never made it off those trails the rest of the morning, untill I left. I just skied the left 6ft of those trails from top to bottom run after run.(Must be why I never ran into Suds).
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Lots of fun was had on Quicksilver today. I was getting rowdy... probably borderline dangerous for the amount of traffic.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
In reply to this post by Duck T. R.
Yup Duck...I stayed up top most of the day bouncing between Hawkeye, Headwaters and Topridge.  I had nice edges   Pine Knot was horrible early but after they turned the guns on it ended the day as my favorite.  I agree Foxlair to Sunway to Quick Silver was the best but I was too afraid of people like Duck and Fujative.
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back