classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
983 messages Options
1 ... 454647484950
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
It will be interesting to see if the extend the current pass pricing. From what I'm hearing I think pass sales will be quite low this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I purchased my pass two weekends ago. In the past, Greek Peak has extended the pass promotion period "due to popular demand." If sales are down, my guess is that they will extend the sale.

I'm wondering if the new family pricing scheme for more than three in a family will attract any new customers. I know that singles and couples aren't thrilled to pay more, but they may be enticing for families. It will also be interesting to see if any prior Greek Peak pass holders migrate to Song/Lab in order to take advantage of their 25% discount when showing a Greek Peak season pass from this year.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
This post was updated on .
I heard some of the Grumpy Old Geezers are fleeing to Song/Lab.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Big D wrote
I heard some of the Grumpy Old Geezers are fleeing to Song/Lab. These are the guys who would go in the Taverna every morning with their own food and coffee. So the Taverna had to stop doing breakfast.
LOL

Yep, they are out of there. Those guys sure were/are a grumpy crew.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Camo John bought both a Greek pass and a Song/Lab pass for next year. He says his Greek P locker rate kept going up so he is not getting a locker and instead used the money for a Song/Lab pass with the 25% discount.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vinski
In reply to this post by Big D
Some of the Old Geezers who skied most days gathered for coffee / hot chocolate in late morning in the area outside Trax.    Never heard or saw any bringing their own coffee or breakfast food.    I'll check with a few to learn whether they're headed to Song / Lab.
On a different note, hopefully the family pricing will help some folks who hadn't been happy that there wasn't a price break for families.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Ok, fixed my post about the geezers. Heard the Geezers get a senior rate on the pass at Song/Lab... age 65 and over.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
This post was updated on .
$225 for a senior pass at Song less the 25% discount for showing a Greek Peak pass = $169.  That's a bit less than Greek Peak's $459 pass, which for some individuals is quite a bit of money. In addition, you also receive the two Okemo tickets, which makes a Song/Lab senior pass a negative cost if you take advantage of the Okemo tickets.

I also was told that Greek Peak is bringing back the 20% discount for friends and family daily lift tickets. I guess somebody woke up and realized that a particular market segment was lost.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Big Improvement for Mountain Biking Hours:

"New Mountain Biking Trail in the works! Opening Date 5/27/17. We will be open Saturdays 10a-5p and Sundays 10a-3p!"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The new mountain bike trail goes down the woods between the Olympian and the Odyssey!!! This novice biker will NOT be going down that trail.

I'm really glad they've opened up on Sunday for riding.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Heard they put in that Bridge last summer so that the power company can put in a new Substation over on that side of Gridley Creek. The power company is expected to install the new Substation either this summer or next summer. This will enable Greek to have enough electrical power to finally be able to run all the snowmaking system (compressors, pumps, fan guns, and lifts) at maximum capacity. Heard that currently they are short on electrical capacity to run everything to Max.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Got an email stating that GP has extended the discounted price on their season passes
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Big D
Big D wrote
Heard they put in that Bridge last summer so that the power company can put in a new Substation over on that side of Gridley Creek.
Greek Peak actually didn't even have to spend much money on the bridge, as it was paid for through a grant.

Big D wrote
This will enable Greek to have enough electrical power to finally be able to run all the snowmaking system (compressors, pumps, fan guns, and lifts) at maximum capacity.
Now they just need the money to be able to afford to make snow, as this years snow making was dismal. Song Mountain had a longer season than the premier CNY ski area.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Got an email stating that GP has extended the discounted price on their season passes
Yeah, I saw that. If my memory serves me, they extend the sale very year.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote

Now they just need the money to be able to afford to make snow, as this years snow making was dismal. Song Mountain had a longer season than the premier CNY ski area.
I never thought I would live long enough to see that happen. How sad was that! And it wasn't because they didn't have enough snow as there was plenty left on the hill when they shocked us all and hastily pulled the FUN plug! Man did that suck.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Yeah, I saw that. If my memory serves me, they extend the sale very year.
Yep, sure do. I'm waiting until the ski sale up in Cuse. It really pissed me off when I found out they sold passes up there for 250, so I'll wait. If I can get one then, so be it. If not, that's fine too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
campgottagopee wrote
It really pissed me off when I found out they sold passes up there for 250, so I'll wait. If I can get one then, so be it. If not, that's fine too.
Yes, that was not right to discount them so heavily last year. I could have seen them running a $399 sale again, but not to offer them for a price lower than the early season rate. It screamed "desperation" to me when I heard that.

While none of my business, I'd love to know how their new pricing works out for next season. They really dropped the price for families of three or more, but couples and singles pricing didn't bode so well. I tend to think it's the latter that spends money at the bar/Trax versus the families.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Rj1972 wrote
They really dropped the price for families of three or more, but couples and singles pricing didn't bode so well. I tend to think it's the latter that spends money at the bar/Trax versus the families.
Our family came back to Greek because they finally did a graduated discount for multiple passes in a family.

Did the pass price increase for singles and couples? I didn't think it did.

When we go as a family we rarely go to Trax. Let's say we get four burgers ($13 * 4), each get a drink ($4 * 4). That's $68 before tax and tip. And possibly resort fee (I know at times that's been rolled into the food price, not sure what the standard practice is now).

So add in 8% tax and 18% gratuity and we have lunch for four at $87. If the resort fee is in addition to that it would be around $93.

We only live 40 minutes away and we pass so many good restaurants on the way home. Sometimes we'll make the 15 minute drive up to Doug's for fish after we ski. I'm just not going to drop $80 to $90 a for lunch at Trax more than once or twice a season - if that. THe food is mediocre, and the service is slow (to be fair I haven't been there in a couple years so maybe it's better now).

Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
Billy, the food is better than it was a few years ago.  I've had the wings quite a few times, as well as a wrap, onion rings, IPA beer batter fish fry, and the French onion soup, and they were all pretty tasty.  The beer selection is pretty decent, too.  Not a super long list to choose from, but what they do have is fair.  I've experienced fast, normal, and slow service there.  Oddly enough, it didn't seem to be dependent on the amount of people that were in there at the time.

If I remember correctly, the resort fee is not rolled into the price, but tacked on the bill afterwards, but I may be mistaken.  Not a fan of that, given that the prices are not that great, but not out of this world for eating at the ski hill.

I took my family of 4 there once this past season, and your estimate is right on the mark.  We walked out of there spending about $90 on dinner.  My kids are young, and they eat from the kids menu, and I remember thinking that the kids menu was overpriced.

Overall, I think it's a good place to go occasionally for some beer/wings after skiing, but not so much to feed a family of 4.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
$7 pulled pork flatbread appy FTW  
1 ... 454647484950