Hinterland burg turned into NY village for TV

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hinterland burg turned into NY village for TV

Sick Bird Rider
A low Hinterlandian dollar always brings US film crews to Canada. The charming village of Rosseau, ON, has turned into the, I assume, equally charming village of Tivoli, NY. Rosseau is about a 20 minute drive from my house.

http://www.paulabanks.ca/blog/2016/5/metamorphosis

I would assume that some of you live in that area. Any resemblance?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hinterland burg turned into NY village for TV

Harvey
Administrator
Hard to believe it is cheaper to swap out all those signs etc. It must be or they wouldn't do it.  What is the movie about?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Think they flimed one of the movies about the 1980 Olympic hockey in Rossland BC
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Hard to believe it is cheaper to swap out all those signs etc. It must be or they wouldn't do it.  What is the movie about?
Maybe they are missing a few road signs in the real Tivoli. Article says it is a TV series called Eyewitness

USAnetwork.com wrote
USA Network and sister studio Universal Cable Productions (UCP) have partnered to bring an adaptation of the Norwegian crime thriller EYEWITNESS (original title “Øyevitne”) to the U.S. market.  The ten-episode, straight-to-series drama will be adapted for American television by Adi Hasak (creator, “Shades of Blue”). The series,... explores a grisly crime from the point of view of the eyewitnesses...
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Looks nothing like the real Tivoli, which is situated high above the Hudson and has views like this:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/remediation_hudson_images/tivolisunset.jpg
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
I wonder about the logistics of flying cast and crew there. Into which airport do they fly and how much more expensive is that then flying into, say, Newburgh NY?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Jamesdeluxe wrote
I wonder about the logistics of flying cast and crew there. Into which airport do they fly and how much more expensive is that then flying into, say, Newburgh NY?
Pretty simple logistics, I should think. The set is a two-hour drive from Pearson Int'l Airport in Toronto. There is a local airport that can handle small jets. They could charter commercial float planes and fly right to the town dock if they had the budget.

The film industry infrastructure in Toronto is highly developed and hungry, since it is recovering from the big slump when our dollar was high. There are likely some gov't incentives to encourage the production companies to shoot here. Locally, their would be no shortage of accommodators and other contractors falling over themselves to host a film crew in the shoulder season. No brainer, really.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Sick Bird Rider wrote
The set is a two-hour drive from Pearson Int'l Airport in Toronto.
Ah, I was under the impression that the Hinterlands were much further away from the big city!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Jamesdeluxe wrote
Ah, I was under the impression that the Hinterlands were much further away from the big city!
We are so near, yet so far. It is a blessing and a curse.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Apropos of nothing -- when I was in Toronto a couple years ago, I was 90 minutes early for my meeting downtown, so I asked the taxi driver from the airport if he could take me to Lakeside Park (from the old Rush song). I didn't know that it was 100 km away in St. Catharines.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Did you expense the fare?