J SKIS Masterblaster

6 messages Options
Danzilla Danzilla
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

J SKIS Masterblaster

Anyone have them?

I wasn't planning on getting new skis this year but I got an unexpected big birthday check and I was drawn to the Masterblaster. A friend of mine who skis out west a fair amount (along with some east coast firm snow) has the Metals and absolutely raves about them. Long story short I have a pair of 181 Masterblasters on the way. Not expecting them to be hugely different from my Prophet 98s but thinking they will be a bit snappier and more playful.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Re: J SKIS Masterblaster

I support your decision to buy from an independent American company that manufactures its skis in Canada.

I was looking at J skis, myself. Let me know how they are when I see you at Gore.
TrailsEnd ChazyLake TrailsEnd ChazyLake
Reply |

In reply to this post by Danzilla
Well, have you skied them to the point where you can offer a report? I sure hope they are as good as all the reviews we have read. I just received my Masterblaster 175's today and hope to get a few runs in on Saturday after my AT bindings are mounted. Hoping this makes a nice East Coast 1 Ski Quiver!!! My skis were destroyed upon my return from Kicking Horse and Revelstoke courtesy of Air Canada.

Danzilla Danzilla
Reply |

Hey man. Sorry kind of forgot about this thread because I've been having too much fun on my Master Blasters.

The reviews are true. JLEV is a God. Fun, floaty, snappy, carvy, playful and when you want to let them run you can stand on them on all but the hardest of hardpack. I thought my line prophets were good but these skis are on a whole different level. You will love them.

Anyone else who might be reluctant to buy a ski without demoing it first - stop drooling at your screen and buy them. You can return them after 3 ski days if you don't like them. Pretty sure that doesn't happen very often.

TrailsEnd ChazyLake TrailsEnd ChazyLake
Reply |

Thanks man! Stoked! Can't wait!
Joneski73 Joneski73
Reply |

I ordered a pair of the Metals in December.  They are scheduled to be shipped on February 12th.  Can’t wait to get the bindings mounted and get on em!!