classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jay Peak 4-25-15

Powderchaser
Banned User
Me and a couple buddies decided to hit Jay this weekend.  The lack of options this time of year and the 6 to 10 inches leading up to Saturday morning made it a no brainer.  It was like midwinter here and stashes of powder and drifts all over.  I came around this time last year for great coverage and spring skiing.  This year was even better.  Better coverage, including the upper mountain being open still.  Wasn't very busy either.  Should be plenty of leftovers tomorrow and maybe another inch or two.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jay Peak 4-25-15

Skiray
Wow. Hard to think it was full on spring on sunday and since Monday - winter. It was dumping snow Monday day.

Very cool.
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Wow cool shots. Somebody email Powderassassin and see if Snow ridge is still open.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'M POWDERASSASIN, I HACKED SNOLOCO'S ACCOUNT:

THOSE PICTURES SUCK.  THERE'S LIKE A FEW INCHES OF SNOW THERE AND MOST OF IT GOT BLOWN INTO THE WOODS.  IF YOU'RE GONNA SHOW POWDER, SHOW REAL POWDER OUT WEST, NOT THAT LAME EC WINDBLOWN CRAP.  YOU CAN'T BEAT SLARVING TURNS ON WIDE OPEN POWDER THAT'S UNCROWDED.  ALSO WHY ISN'T THERE ORANGE NETTING ON THOSE TRAILS.  YOU COULD GET KILLED RUNNING INTO ONE OF THOSE TREES.  PUT UP SOME ORANGE NETTING AND SAVE SOME LIVES.

HERE'S REAL POWDER OUT WEST, NOT LAME EC WINDBLOWN CRAP.

just kidding, it's snoloco just trying to imitate pow for fun since snowballs brought it up.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
This post was updated on .
I see you're getting ready for your trip out to Steamboat with Billy the Kid, Sno!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Who's Billy the Kid?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Powderchaser
Powderchaser wrote
Me and a couple buddies decided to hit Jay this weekend.  The lack of options this time of year and the 6 to 10 inches leading up to Saturday morning made it a no brainer.  It was like midwinter here and stashes of powder and drifts all over.  I came around this time last year for great coverage and spring skiing.  This year was even better.  Better coverage, including the upper mountain being open still.  Wasn't very busy either.  Should be plenty of leftovers tomorrow and maybe another inch or two.
Whoah, nice score. My nephew and brother may have been there as well, if not they will be kicking themselves.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Who's Billy the Kid?
A famous American skier you should know about. The cowboy hat is his trademark headgear and he is a fixture at Steamboat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Kidd
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MRV80
Banned User
Wow nice score!  Way to chase that powder.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderchaser
Banned User
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I'M POWDERASSASIN, I HACKED SNOLOCO'S ACCOUNT:

THOSE PICTURES SUCK.  THERE'S LIKE A FEW INCHES OF SNOW THERE AND MOST OF IT GOT BLOWN INTO THE WOODS.  IF YOU'RE GONNA SHOW POWDER, SHOW REAL POWDER OUT WEST, NOT THAT LAME EC WINDBLOWN CRAP.  YOU CAN'T BEAT SLARVING TURNS ON WIDE OPEN POWDER THAT'S UNCROWDED.  ALSO WHY ISN'T THERE ORANGE NETTING ON THOSE TRAILS.  YOU COULD GET KILLED RUNNING INTO ONE OF THOSE TREES.  PUT UP SOME ORANGE NETTING AND SAVE SOME LIVES.

HERE'S REAL POWDER OUT WEST, NOT LAME EC WINDBLOWN CRAP.

just kidding, it's snoloco just trying to imitate pow for fun since snowballs brought it up.  
I'll take windblown crap anytime in late April.  It was even deeper where it filled in between moguls.  The chutes were even open.  Don't know if this can be topped for the rest of the season.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
snoloco wrote
Who's Billy the Kid?
A famous American skier you should know about. The cowboy hat is his trademark headgear and he is a fixture at Steamboat.
A famous East Coast ski racer
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
snoloco wrote
Who's Billy the Kid?
Billy THE Kid is an entirely different guy than Billy Kidd.

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Lol. I meant Billy Kid.  It was a slip of the finger....I was actually listening to a song by Bill Kreutzman's new band, Billy & The Kids, when I made my first post in this thread.