518 messages Options
1 ... 23242526
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
KILLINGTON RECEIVES POSITIVE SNOW CONTROL FOR AUDI FIS SKI WORLD CUP RACES NOVEMBER 30-DECEMBER 1

International Ski Federation gives green light to HomeLight Killington Cup Race

KILLINGTON, Vt. (November 21, 2019) – Vermont’s Killington Resort, the largest ski and snowboard resort in Eastern North America and part of POWDR, is pleased to have received a positive snow control announcement from FIS (Internal Ski Federation), the governing body of the Audi FIS Ski World Cup.

According to FIS: “This is to inform you that the Women’s' Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Killington (USA) are confirmed following the official snow control from today 21st November 2019. As scheduled, the races will take place on 30th November and 1 December 2019.”

With this announcement, Killington Resort can assure international race teams and ski racing fans traveling to central Vermont for Thanksgiving Weekend that both the Giant Slalom and Slalom races will take place as scheduled on November 30 and December 1.  A limited number of tickets for premium viewing areas are still available for purchase at Killington.com.

“The news of FIS approval on race course snow preparation has the entire resort excited to host the World Cup and once again bring elite ski racing to the East. This approval highlights the power of Killington’s snowmaking system and illustrates the dedication the resort has to snow sports and racing,” commented Herwig Demschar, SVP international business development at POWDR and World Cup local organizing committee chairman. “Now in its fourth year at Killington Resort, you can expect this world-class event to be bigger and better with an outstanding musical line-up and opportunities to meet and greet the athletes. The resort, POWDR, and town of Killington are thrilled to welcome international ski teams from more than 20 countries to Killington.”

Killington Resort opened to season pass and express card holders for skiing and snowboarding on November 3 followed by a public opening on November 4. With snowmaking in the final stages on Superstar trail, the World Cup race venue, Killington snowmakers will continue snowmaking on Skyelark to add a training run for World Cup racers. The snowmaking team also continues to aggressively expand terrain for the skiers and riders in the Snowdon, Canyon, Ramshead and Snowshed areas while resurfacing current top-to-bottom skiing and riding

A full schedule of events at Killington Resort during World Cup Weekend including race start times, entertainment, free concerts by Grace Potter, Recycled Percussion, Twiddle and DJ Logic, plus information on many free parking and shuttle bus options is available at www.killington.com/worldcup. Killington strongly suggests to not bring bags to the venue; priority for security screening will be given to those without bags. Stay connected to the Homelight Killington Cup on social media with #beast365.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
The Beast!  It is just awesome to have ski racing back in the east!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
txt from Duck...

East Fall today
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
Despite having a season pass to Gore I decided to use 2 of my precious Ikon K-mart days this weekend.  As I gripped about in the Gore thread they didn't prioritize any advanced terrain, whereas Killington had more then I could count of the top of my head.  

The conditions were fantastic.  It had snowed all night Friday and all day Saturday.  It was just an endless supply of loose powder, soft bumps, tree skiing, and carvable groomers.  All of the trails and glades were open on RamsHead and Snowdon.  The canyon had most trails and glades open including Double Dipper (the one to skiers left of the Canyon Quad) although it needs some weed whacking as the tree shoots are getting long and sticking through.   Big Dipper and Downdraft both had soft bumps, but being two of K's earliest open trails were a little skied off, showing some rocks and bare spots.

Over on Skye Peak Superstar was skiing nice and fast with carvable hard pack, upper ovation and Sky Hawke were both  soft mogully paradises.  On Sunday I hit the trees in NoWhere and SomeWhere with a guy I met on the lift, but I hit a covered up root and took a bit of spill so I was done with trees for the day.  

The ROT Weekends were actually on Sunday when they opened up the trails going down to the Needleseye base. SkyShip and Needles Eye Quad weren't running, but you went most of the way down and they cut you over back around to Superstar Quad. -  DreamMaker, Needles Eye, Panic Button, Stitcher and Chunnel were all un groomed powdery obstacle courses that only opened on Sunday and were a ton of fun.  

I didn't get any photos from Sunday, but here are a few from Sat.  I also demoed and end up buying a pair of Head Kore 93s as my old Dynastar Powertrack 89s were beyond repair.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looks excellent!
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
It was, the forecast however...  
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
Way to go man glad it was worth it! I totally would have gone out that way last weekend and burned a couple IKON days either at K/Pico or Stratton as well if it hadn't been for the fact my back is still out of whack. Just starting to get better so I have hope in the next couple weeks I'll make it out. It was very difficult to not be skiing last weekend.

Nice choice on the Kore 93's too! Although I'm biased in this regard

Hope our paths cross again this season and we can make some turns.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
This post was updated on .
Had a nice afternoon with nearly all lifts and half the trails open. Crowds were surprisingly not bad, as we were able to stay ahead of them.

Other than that, it was an uneventful day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
We had a nice day on the slopes and just got back to the house a half hour or so ago. They are calling for 3-6 inches of snow, with some freezing rain. I’m hoping they get the freezing rain part incorrect, as it tends to play havoc with the lifts. Fingers are crossed that it’s all snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
What a shit-show this morning due to the freezing rain. Only a handful of lifts operating due to de-icing. I’m in no rush to get over there, but will head out in a bit.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Today was another mess, with more unplanned and planned power outages. Some lifts never opened by the time we quit for the day. Lines on the opened lifts were a bit more than we prefer—even during a holiday week.

The bright point was the half foot of snow we received.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Killington Resort and Pico Mountain Announce Passholder Promise to Address COVID-19 Impact on 2019/20 Season and Provide Assurances for 2020/21 Season

Passholder Promise Part of Killington’s Multi-Faceted Approach to Support Employees, Guests and Community

KILLINGTON, Vt. (April 30, 2020) – Killington Resort and Pico Mountain today announced a multi-faceted approach in response to the impact COVID-19 has had on the 2019/20 season and to help guests feel confident in planning for next season.

To address the 2019/20 season, qualified 2019/20 season and multi-day passholders will be issued a voucher that can be applied to any 2020/21 season or multi-day pass product. The vouchers are valid now through the 2020/21 season, and the value is based on the type of product that was purchased for the 2019/20 season.

The vouchers are in addition to the reimbursements already issued for the Spring Pass, day tickets, lessons, lodging and rental products, and experiences.

To help guests feel confident in planning for the 2020/21 season, Killington and Pico also announced their new Passholder Promise, which includes:

Refund Available – Buy with Confidence: Killington and Pico will issue a full refund before November 20, 2020 for any passholder who has not used their 2020/21 pass and desires a refund for any reason.

Best Pricing: Best pricing on 2020/21 season passes has been extended through July 15, 2020.

Flexible Payment Plan: A payment plan is available for ease and flexibility.

Annual Subscription Pass: The Beast365 all season, unlimited subscription pass allows guests to pay monthly and if we are not open due to COVID-19, passholders will not be charged.

“We are extremely appreciative of our guests and are grateful that we can extend our thanks through the many actions we’re taking and will continue to take in support of them, our employees and our community in this unusual time,” says Mike Solimano, president and general manager of Killington Resort. “In addition to addressing season pass and unused pre-sold ticketholders, including the reimbursements we’ve already issued for a number of products and experiences, we’re proud to be in a position that allows us to engage with and support local and state organizations while navigating these uncharted waters.”

Following the March 20 indefinite extension of operation suspensions at Killington and season closure at Pico, Killington and Pico have taken a number of actions in support of staff, guests and the community, and to help ensure the safety of all. These actions have included supporting staff and guests to safely return home, winding down critical on mountain operations, transitioning staff to work from home, donating food to our community and staff, giving Rutland Regional Hospital access to lodging as needed, and donating protective equipment such as gloves and sanitizer to health care workers.

For more information about how to redeem the voucher for a 2020/21 season or multi-day pass, please visit: www.killington.com/voucher and www.picomountain.com/voucher. For more information about 2020/21 pass products, visit: Killington Season Passes or Pico Season Passes. Best prices are available now through July 15, 2020.

Media Contact: Courtney DiFiore, Killington Resort: 802-422-6115 or cdifiore@killington.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
But when does Superstar reopen?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Superstar still must have a ton of snow on it.  At WF Mt run still looks skiable and Skyward looks fully covered.  Bottom is toast though.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
We were at Killington last week, and there is a ton of snow not just on Superstar, but all over the mountain. The place was a ghost town. Such a shame.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Every day is one step closer to next season.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
Superstar still must have a ton of snow on it.  At WF Mt run still looks skiable and Skyward looks fully covered.  Bottom is toast though.

6 o'clock today, looks like June would've been easy this year.

Someone was getting some fresh tracks last week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
No traffic (relatively speaking) is a great snow preserver
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
1 ... 23242526