Kobe Bean Bryant Dead at 41

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kobe Bean Bryant Dead at 41

Cornhead
Sadly Kobe has died in a helicopter crash in CA.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kobe Bean Bryant Dead at 41

ScottySkis1
This post was updated on .
Tragedy
It’s sad enough this happened to him but when she was included,it’s more heart breaking.Shes so young and hadn’t lived her life yet
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
His teenage daughter died in the crash too. They were on their way to one of her basketball games.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
RIP Black Mamba

One of the greatest the game will ever see
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MAMBA out

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Yeah, this is pretty awful. Three teenage girls aboard as well- nine people total. I just read that there was only one pilot flying the helicopter. I wonder if that will turn out to be a contributing factor, or if they’ll even be able to figure out what happened.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
I don't know about you, but I'm seriously cutting back on my helicopter commuting after this.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
One pilot , flying in intense fog , terrible  judgement ,couldn't land at certain airfield , horrible outcome .

Kobe was a redemption story , changed his life as a husband , father and man. Helped others less fortunate , a life well lived and gone too soon .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski

Cornhead wrote
I don't know about you, but I'm seriously cutting back on my helicopter commuting after this.
Seriously. I think some wealthy people start to view them as taxis. They’re pretty dangerous. I was only ever in one once and it was a highlight of my time in Alaska. I have a buddy who was career Army though and he became very skeptical of helos over the years. He and his friends hated Blackhawks in particular, called them “lawn darts”
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Brownski wrote
Cornhead wrote
Seriously. I think some wealthy people start to view them as taxis. They’re pretty dangerous. I was only ever in one once and it was a highlight of my time in Alaska. I have a buddy who was career Army though and he became very skeptical of helos over the years. He and his friends hated Blackhawks in particular, called them “lawn darts”
I heard he used to take it to practice. He didn't live close to the arena as most of his teammates did. When you consider how often he flew in one, it isn't too shocking that's how his life ended. Very sad for the teenage girls onboard with their whole lives ahead of them.

Kobe seemed to have a great grasp on his life after basketball. It has to be a tough transition for those like him who so fully dedicated their lives to their craft. Prayers to his surviving family, that's going to be a tough row to hoe no matter how much wealth they have.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
karma kills an anal rapist........
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
One pilot , flying in intense fog , terrible  judgement ,couldn't land at certain airfield , horrible outcome .

Kobe was a redemption story , changed his life as a husband , father and man. Helped others less fortunate , a life well lived and gone too soon .
One of the few to come straight out of HS and totally kick ass.

As you say, Warp, he was a good human.

How you doing bud?