11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Matt Chuck your chasing everyone away?

Gunny J
This post was updated on .
Matt your chasing everyone away, first BDfree on Alpine, now DD
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Matt Chuck your chasing everyone away?

Highpeaksdrifter
This post was updated on .
Gunny J wrote
Matt your chasing everyone away, first BDfree on Alpine, now DD
Huh? I don't know what this means, but MC2 is ok in my book.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'm with ya HPD, no clue what the heck any of that means. Maybe an inside joke??
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
It looks like DackerDan went for the nuclear option, deleting everyone of his posts. That's a lot of work.

I'm thinking he was pissed at me, not Matt.  How does deleting all that forum content hurt MC?

It leaves me with a mess.

I think if you are really bummed about something in the forum, take a break. Maybe never come back it that works for you.  Taking dozens of threads and making them less valuable and hard to follow isn't super targeted at whoever you are pissed at. It's like carpet bombing everyone who cares about the forum.

IMO Dan was/is a good guy if a little misunderstood.  If he's gone, sorry to see it.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I don't know what happened. Missed any big to do if there was one.

DD was cool! Great poster, full of good info.

It's truly a bummer if he is gone. WTH !
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I can't imagine that I chased him away.

But there has been a lot of negative talk from employees at the mountain about posting on "Internet forums". Maybe it's just another example of "the man" keeping the workers down.

Don't worry though, guys. I'm still here!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Gunny J wrote
Matt your chasing everyone away ,first BDfree on Alpine, now DD
Also, was BDFree the idiot who INSISTED that he skied 90mph down Berkshire East? And posted that video of him tailgunning and skidding his way down? That guy needed a timeout, anyway.

I know that the internet doesn't have any rules, but there should at least be a little bit of a check on people making outrageous claims. If it's up to me to be that check, I'm happy to play that role.

I also have an eye on that idiot lawyer in that other thread on AlpineZone for arguing that Jay Peak should be financially liable for having the gall to have a beginner area at the bottom of their mountain when someone got hit.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I just deleted my two posts about Gore closing early.  After I put them up, this site took a turn for the worst.  Look what happened to that thread.  That must have caused some friction between members.  It was the right thing to do IMO even if it was a bit late.  I should have deleted them as soon as that thread got all heated.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
snoloco wrote
I just deleted my two posts about Gore closing early.  After I put them up, this site took a turn for the worst.  Look what happened to that thread.  That must have caused some friction between members.  It was the right thing to do IMO even if it was a bit late.  I should have deleted them as soon as that thread got all heated.
??  What thread are you talking about? Kid you are god's gift of sunshine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Nah. That was brewing long before that. No worries mate.