CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mont Tremblant: Feb 15-20 2016

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .

My brother and fam skied Tremblant for spring break a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  

Nice reporting!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Like I said earlier, it looks westernlike.  I might ski there over my spring break if I visit McGill University in Montreal.

The whole first tracks thing makes sense now.  Steamboat charged $35 a person, but limited sales.  Tremblant charges less than half, so in return, you get less benefit.  Like you said, most of them just went in the summit lodge for a cappuccino anyway.  Haha, that's rich people that can't ski well for ya.  By the time I would go, first tracks would be done for the season, so not a factor.

That picture of the village is actually the fake homogenized one that Intrawest put up?  Looks a lot like an outlet mall to me.  I've been to Steamboat and Stratton and their villages all look exactly the same.  They wanted to do the same thing at Mountain Creek when they owned it, but failed miserably.  

The presence of a fake homogenized base village only annoys me when it makes all the parking lots require a bus, which is always a pain.  Looks like you can still park close to the lift at Tremblant by parking at the Porte De Soleil lift or the North Side, just like Stratton where you can park at the Sun Bowl.  At Steamboat, there is no way to park close to the lift without paying, but it isn't as much as Vail charges for parking.  That didn't matter because our hotel had a shuttle, so we didn't have to park.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Looks like you guys hit it just right. Enjoy!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I like the self contained village concept for destination type areas. For a place like MC it probably doesn't make sense since most people are day skiers but the Tremblant village looks nice imho.

It's kind of wild how much better the conditions are just a little further north.
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
it looks westernlike.
Lemme get this straight -- it snowed a couple inches when you went to Colorado so that's "western." Someone posts a TR of Tremblant after a rare 12+-inch dump (it averages less than 150 inches a year and is the very definition of a northeastern ski area) and you claim it looks "westernlike."  

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
Yes it does look nice.  Mountain Creek's fake village is a poorly maintained rathole.  There are no tenants in it and they never maintain it.  They have a bunch of retail space on the ground floor of their big slopeside hotel, but no one rented the space.  Two units are used for seasonal lockers and a couple more as a maintenance shed.  MC is not an overnight destination, so it made zero sense to build the village or the hotel.  

The "village" concept definitely fits at overnight destinations, and I have no problem with resorts that use it.  The only thing that I hate about that setup at any mountain is when it makes all the parking lots require a bus.  There is NEVER enough capacity and there are always huge lines at the end of the day or the buses get stuck in traffic making matters worse.  Tremblant has a cabrio lift to solve this issue, but still requires you to pay for parking to even be close to that.  Luckily they have two other starting points to avoid that.  
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
"Mountain Creek" spreads through this message board faster than the last Ebola outbreak in Africa. (BARF).

This is a trip report about Tremblant.

I really liked this spot in the village: La Diable
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
This is a trip report about Tremblant.
And a very nice one. Looks like a great trip. 👍              
Drift on another thread please. 👎
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I believe drinking age in Quebec is 18.  I'll have to check that place out next season.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
ZigZag/Vertige and the other runs off the TGV along with the runs off Expo might be the best runs at Tremblant. The TGV seems to be the least crowded, also. You continue to deliver outstanding shots that give a real feel for the place. The village is a lot of fun with the family. It also allows for having a nice bottle of wine with the superb food and an after dinner drink with no worries about driving. Congrats on a great vacation.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Sorry Sno ruined another one of your threads, Jeff*.

*I take this all back if he starts writing TR's about Montreal strip clubs as a McGill freshman.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I didn't ruin anyone's thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Why focus on just one thread? You're headed towards ruining an entire message board.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Another 13cm today , man, they are making out well lately...
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Just don't feed the troll
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
If it said 13cm, it was under-reported.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Sorry Sno ruined another one of your threads, Jeff*.

*I take this all back if he starts writing TR's about Montreal strip clubs as a McGill freshman.
That would be awesome.....Snow's Excellent Adventures Coming of Sexual Age!

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yes, we can take the discussion of natural versus artificial to a whole new level!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
HAHA! Good one...^^^

Smashing powder bumps and killer lines might take on a whole new meaning as well.

This has potential.