Movember?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Movember?

JTG4eva!
Anyone ever heard of it (most people I know/work with have not)?  Anyone ever participated?

Friend of mine got a bunch of guys together to participate.  I'd look cheesy with a mustache, so I'm going full beard/stache for the month.  

Odd feeling, strange being able to see the hair on my lip when I look down.  Finally soft enough not the chafe the wife's thi.....cheeks.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Movember?

Petronio
I am -- have not shaved since Oct 30.  Wife does not like it, however.  I've been getting some looks at work as well.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
I will never understand this shit.

If you want to grow a mustache, just grow a mustache (whatever time of year it is). If you want to run 5k, run 5k. If you want to dump a bucket of ice water on your head, do that.

But please, people on my facebook wall, stop asking me to donate money for you to do those things. I'm really starting to get annoyed at the charity requests I get all the time now - every time I go to work, check out at a store, go online, etc. I don't mind throwing a little cash down once in a while (in addition to my biweekly donation from my paycheck), but it seems like there's a new thing every week.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I hear ya, MC2.  This one isn't so much a fundraiser as it is a 'get people talking' kind of thing, although the Movember organization has raised a fair amount of money to promote awareness of men's health issues.

It kind of works, as quite a few people have asked me about the facial hair and why I'm growing it, so it's got people talking.

I'm doing it as a lark to support my friend, but I guess I really should go get my prostate checked!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
guess i'm back in style this month
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I will never understand this shit.

If you want to grow a mustache, just grow a mustache (whatever time of year it is). If you want to run 5k, run 5k. If you want to dump a bucket of ice water on your head, do that.

But please, people on my facebook wall, stop asking me to donate money for you to do those things. I'm really starting to get annoyed at the charity requests I get all the time now - every time I go to work, check out at a store, go online, etc. I don't mind throwing a little cash down once in a while (in addition to my biweekly donation from my paycheck), but it seems like there's a new thing every week.
I'm not raising money, just using it as cover for not shaving for a month.  I work in a fairly conservative office.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Alternatively, I tell people I am playing a shepard in our parish Nativity play . . .

Petronio