classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

N+1

Telemark Dave
Have I cursed winter???

Thinned the quiver of redundancies and obsolescence.
Good kharma points earned ..  Look at what found their way into my heart ..
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: N+1

Sick Bird Rider
Too early to call.

I was lusting after these today. Need a US shipping address:

https://www.skishaggys.com/collections/the-factory-collection/products/blackout-ahmeek
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
Have I cursed winter???
It depends, what is the waist mm?

N+1 ... that's heady territory!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Harvey wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
Have I cursed winter???
It depends, what is the waist mm? N+1 ... that's heady territory!
Well that's the cool thing about N+1.  Now that I have N+1, it's actually now just a subset of 'N' .Therefore I still need N+1 !!!Oh and 118 is the number. 😈
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Good review of the QST's. http://www.skiessentials.com/Chairlift-Chat/2018-Salomon-QST-118-Ski-Review.
Also there's one on Blister Gear.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Ok now I have to decide on the Boot center line..  It's interesting seeing them next to 2012 Élan Boomerangs and 2014 Voile Chargers.    
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I totally got it wrong on my new Whiterooms, way too far forward.  Going forward I'm going to put new skis next to an existing pair that works for me, account a bit for differences in rocker and wing it. Being all precise didn't work for me.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to mount them on the line.  I've got few qualms about moving bindings over the life of a ski.  
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Is that straightedge on the boot center line for all three skis?  They look pretty similar in length?

I think mounting points have been moving forward over the years, especially on twin tips. It has been years since I thought a suggested boot center mounting point was just right. On my current skis, the top sheet has a range of mounting points and I am 1cm back from the furthest suggested mount point and I wish I had gone further back. But a remount would be put a bit too far back of the just right area so I am kinda stuck with what I got.

But... I'll have a good reference point for future skis (in proper consideration of things that are not equal).
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
riverc0il wrote
Is that straightedge on the boot center line for all three skis?  They look pretty similar in length?

I think mounting points have been moving forward over the years, especially on twin tips. It has been years since I thought a suggested boot center mounting point was just right. On my current skis, the top sheet has a range of mounting points and I am 1cm back from the furthest suggested mount point and I wish I had gone further back. But a remount would be put a bit too far back of the just right area so I am kinda stuck with what I got.

But... I'll have a good reference point for future skis (in proper consideration of things that are not equal).
Yup. The Voile's are 191, the Boomerangs 190 and the Sollies are 185.   I agree about  twin tip/freeride skis tending to be more centered.. Mostly because their rocker and tip/tail flex tends to be more symmetrical.. (Not always..but usually).  The Voile Chargers are a very "directional" ski.  Lots of rocker and a medium flex up front and a stiff tail with little to no rocker .  They ski like a slalom ski, ie, they like staying in the fall line.  No slarvyness, more of a old school carve in the powder, but with float.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave

All mounted.  Centre of boot on Ski center.  The way Mr Salomon intended!

The post ski obligatory "skis leaning on something" pic.  Note that they are trying to camouflage themselves against my car.  😆