classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NBA Finals

campgottagopee
Anyone watching???

Interesting game last night. With Steph and Clay combining for only 20 points and still walking away with it is telling. Cleveland is in trouble, LeBron can't do it by himself, or can he.  I'm looking forward to Sundays game!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NBA Finals

tjf1967
I've been watching the games for two weeks now... so I am an expert.  I am rooting for Labron I like the guy.  Curry is a just incredible though.. and so is that Clay.  They just shoot the ball up in the air and it goes in the hoop.  When they get hot there is no stopping them.   Did you see Curry warming up last night?  It was hilarious.  He was doing Volley Ball serves and kicking the ball towards the hoop.  He will be a globe trotter when his NBA career is over.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I did. Not only was he doing volley ball serves but the were going in with consistency!!! That dude is an incredible shooter. There have been many incredible shooters in the NBA but none quite like him imo. His trigger is so quick, I have no idea how you defend that ..... I don't think you can. All you can do is hope he's not hot, but even when he isn't he draws so much attention that he opens up his other team mates for easy buckets, kinda like last night. I'm rooting for LeBron as well ---- he's a machine, but I don't see it happening. GS has that one two punch with Steph and Clay so as long as the stay healthy this is all but over. Cleveland can't D them up well enough......regardless this is going to be fun to watch!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I don't see it happening either unless they send in a wrecking ball to take him out of the series.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We have a series now bro

Thursday should be good!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Last game Cleveland played well.   Some people proclaim that Lebron is the greatest basketball player.  When I watch he is mostly out at the key making head jukes and passing off.  He gets stuffed all the time and is real streaky with the jump shots.  When I used to watch MJ the guy was always on fire.   I cant remember him ever being stuffed and he could pull up on you at any time and sink it.   Lebron is best when he charges down the court and goes straight to the hoop.  Not standing there with cutesy BS.  When he is not hitting his jumpers he really is not much better than the other guys on the court.  He shows flashes of brilliance but could not hold a candle to MJ.  I am still rooting for him  Something about Curry that makes me want to slap him in the face.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I agree with you on all accounts. LeBron is damn good, but he ain't all that. MJ was unstoppable but also had one heluva team around him. Larry Bird is still my vote for all time best hoopster. He could D up anyone (MJ claims Larry was the toughest bastard he ever had to play against), could score, steal the ball, dribble, shoot, great leader, well respected, and a walk on in college. He and Magic, MJ later on had some hellish battles. Classic stuff!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
It would have been awesome to have seen Russell play.  If you had nothing but stats to go by he would be the best player in history.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Man your not kidding  ----- anytime the best in the NBA talk starts his name is always one of the first ones mentioned. Can't argue it either.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
That was a show last night. What's curry going to do. If they can get him in foul trouble Sunday game on. LeBron was pretty spectacular last night. I think they are better with love on the bench.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
LeBron seems to be just putting the entire team on his shoulders. If he can pull this off with this second rate supporting cast, it'll be way more impressive than his wins in Miami.

I think Golden State is done messing around, though. The home court will help them get better calls. This next game might be a blowout.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LeBron is super focused and is taking control. Not sure but maybe, just maybe GS is feeling some preussre now. I mean Cleveland can't possibly win after being down 3-1, right??

Sundays game is sure to be one not to miss. I don't think it will be a blowout unless Steph gets crazy, which now that I think about he's due for. But then again there's LeBron. It's gonna be fun  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
LeBron is super focused and is taking control. Not sure but maybe, just maybe GS is feeling some preussre now. I mean Cleveland can't possibly win after being down 3-1, right??

Sundays game is sure to be one not to miss. I don't think it will be a blowout unless Steph gets crazy, which now that I think about he's due for. But then again there's LeBron. It's gonna be fun
The Cavs strategy of making Golden State switch on defense, forcing Curry to guard LeBron, seemed pretty brilliant. Curry either has to foul, or let LeBron back him right down into the paint and score.

Golden State has to come up with a way to defend that or, you're right, it might end up being close.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote

The Cavs strategy of making Golden State switch on defense, forcing Curry to guard LeBron, seemed pretty brilliant. Curry either has to foul, or let LeBron back him right down into the paint and score.

Fully agree!! How do you stop that??? Same goes for when Steph starts chucking the ball up from seemingly any and everywhere and it goes in!! How the hell to you stop that??

It almost seems like whichever one of those two guys gets their game going first will win this thing. I'm still routing for Cleveland only because they're the east coast boys  --- those west coast fellas are weak sauce

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I had a  coach once tell me that dominate big man play will always trump dominate guard play. While LeBron certainly isn't a true big man (center) he's darn good a playing one on tv.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
They have to bait the little bastard into making fouls just like they did last night.  He got hot with those stupid shots but you cant make those from the bench.  

What a fun game to watch.  
Reply | Threaded
|

noip
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Draymond Green  seems to have really motivated LB James. DG missing the fifth game wasn't a great help.

I think the Cavs are going to take it sunday.  The Warriors are missing Bogut's screens for S Curry.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Draymond Green is a thug and a dirty player ---- I hope LeBron opens the full can of whoopass on him
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
GREAT game 7 for the NBA Championship --- if that wasn't exciting to you I have no idea what would be.

Triple double and MVP for LeBron, he so deserves it, he was BOSS throughout the entire series. Steph and his Warriors simply couldn't match up with the physical game Cleveland brought to the table. Kudos to both teams for an exciting series.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Yeah LeBron stepped up.  The whole team was bad ass last night.  When was the last time golden state lost three in a row.  2014?