Quantcast

NYSB Skiing Meet-up Thread

classic Classic
38 messages Options
Reply |  

NYSB Skiing Meet-up Thread

ADmiKe
Harvey said to make this thread and he'd pin it...

I know this has come up before, but just haven't seen it happen yet, a meet-up thread to facilitate connecting with other NYSB'ers, since many times I'm sure we cross paths in lift lines, etc. without even knowing it.  I'm thinking this could be for resort skiing or touring.  

May be a good way to meet other like-minded skiers as well.  I know for me personally, there are times when my wife stays back or certain people in my group decide not to ski, and I end up solo skiing.  Being able to connect with some other skiers who share the same passion could be good.

I've met and skied with a few people from here, mostly because they recognized my bright yellow jacket seen in my avatar.

Post your suggestions for how this could work best if you have any

Reply |  

Re: NYSB Skiing Meet-up Thread

snoloco
We should do a spring meetup at Whiteface.  Nobody beats WF in the spring, except maybe Killington.

I can also drag out my Plattekill rental idea again here.  It really should be possible to do, but I can't do it without Harvey's help, and he seems reluctant to help me with it.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply |  

ADmiKe
Sno - you going to be skiing next week?  Maybe meet up for a few runs at Whiteface?

Reply |  

snoloco
I'm not at Whiteface till January 11th .  I'm not close enough to ski there when I'm at home for Winter break.  That's why my recent reports have been on Belleayre.

Reply |  

Hudsonhiker
I like this idea. I actually thought I’d met Snoloco Wednesday at Gore. I rode up with a young guy a freshman at Clarkson. So I asked where he was from thinking maybe Sno but come to find out he lives in Schroon Lake. He seemed like what I’d picture you Sno. So yes it’d be nice to have real faces and voices to the folks on this site. I'm certainly no social director to organize something like this thou. I'll have to think on it.

Reply |  

snoloco
I was not at Gore on Wednesday.

Reply |  

Coach Z
I've skied with quite a few of the peeps of here.  I'm up for a meet up though my schedule is fixed by my son's race schedule.

WF in late March hopefully with some runs in the Slides would be great.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

ADmiKe
Bumped into Grillman this past week at mid-station deck, met him and his buddies for the first time - Great meeting you man, and thanks for the lambchops!  Next time we'll do a skin up

Reply |  

Coach Z
I'll be at Gore Feb 4 -5 for my sons Super G race

The 4th is a training  day so that is a day I will be skiing

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

Grillman
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Mike, It was nice to meet you last week.   I did indeed skin up one day...I will try again on Sunday the 8th.

Those of you on this thread, you can find me most weekends around 12:30 grilling at Mid at WF.  Later if the skiing is good. Please stop by.