No Noah, TJ or Jack

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

No Noah, TJ or Jack

campgottagopee
What the heck---U guys hanging around SJ's bird feeder or sumpin???
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: No Noah, TJ or Jack

Noah John
Hey camper!  Haven't dropped in for a while I guess.  How's the wheel?    
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
My main man Noah, good to know your still around!!

Knee is doing A-okay. Been on my stationary bike now for 3weeks, and hoping to get my doc's release to ride my new mnt bike tomorrow!!!! It's been 5 weeks since my surgery and I'm VERY happy with strength, stability and flexibility I've gotten so far. With any luck I'll be hitting the links at the end of May.

you need to pop in more often....IMO, the Noah "flare" is missing

u catch any of that late snow or have you moved on to spring
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Full-on spring mode.  Road and MTB.  

You should put some road tires on that MTB and keep it on the pavement.  Not only are you much less likely to come off on the road but the pedaling cadence is gonna be way more smooth and predictable which seems like what you want with that knee right now.  I don't generally dole out medical advice on the interwebz but that seems like a no-brainer.

I blew out my knee 25 years ago.  Got it scoped but never got the ACL fixed.  Cycling is the only reason I can still ski - lots of docs have confirmed that over the years.  Xrays show that it's loaded with arthritis but it still works and it's pain free.  Ride that friggin' thing like you stole it!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Apparently my hopes of riding outside after 5 weeks were a bit over zealous....kinda bummed.

Doc says to give it at least 2 more weeks. Kinda going bonkers not being able to do didddddly.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
I think it was 8 weeks for me before outside riding.  and i would stay off the mtn bike too--way too easy to twist that knee.  you are just going to have to be patient young grasshopper!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Hi Pants!!!

Yea, Doc reeled me in a little bit yesterday. I’m just sick and tired of stretching and nursing this thing. Sitting still isn’t one of my strong points but if I don’t I’ll be going backwards in my progress, not something I’m interested in at all!!! One point he made is that I need to give this knee time to heal from the inside out and that going back in time hasn’t been invented yet so I better be damn careful.

Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
Full-on spring mode.  Road and MTB.  

You should put some road tires on that MTB and keep it on the pavement.  Not only are you much less likely to come off on the road but the pedaling cadence is gonna be way more smooth and predictable which seems like what you want with that knee right now.  I don't generally dole out medical advice on the interwebz but that seems like a no-brainer.

I blew out my knee 25 years ago.  Got it scoped but never got the ACL fixed.  Cycling is the only reason I can still ski - lots of docs have confirmed that over the years.  Xrays show that it's loaded with arthritis but it still works and it's pain free.  Ride that friggin' thing like you stole it!
This is the set-up I have on my mountain bike, Giant Iguana, makes a great road bike for big guys like us, more rugged than a true road bike. It's a hardtail, more suitable for the street than a full suspension. Put some Michelin's on mine, they roll pretty good on pavement, fairly high pressure, 80lbs, I believe. Good luck with your recovery Camp, be patient, it'll never be good as new, but close enough. Sounds like you're progressing fine.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
i agree you wanna stay off the singletrack for a while til your healed up but i say keep the knobbies on - should be plenty of forest/fire roads up there to ride on?!?! any rail trails? but i'm anti road - too many inconsiderate nut job drivers out there and i prefer my time in the woods, rivers  and fields. we're lucky down here in the lehigh valley - i can go 30-50 miles in either direction on rail trails/canal paths. glad to hear the rehab's going well!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yup, logging roads all over the friggin place. The entire top of GP is full of them....knobbies are stayin on
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
cool, i just realized i need a new avatar - i look like a goober compred to all the other avvy's..
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
U R  a goober
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
true dat, but the whole interwebz doesn't need to know