Nuts!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nuts!

PeeTex
Has any one noticed the insane amount of acorns this fall? I was out working in the yard under some big oaks and it was like walking on a field of ball bearings. I actually slipped and fell on a slight grade. We are going to have some fat squirrels.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nuts!

Snowballs
Banned User
I hate squirrels.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Mother Nature's way of making sure all of her animal children will be fat, as it's going to be a very snowy winter!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Snowballs
I hate these damn. Tree rats too 💀, the effers ruin the Queens gardens . They are one step above 💩, imho.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
I Hope Darkside is right...I stopped by one of our local backcountry spots, Natty Glade while I was on a mtb ride the other day - just to see how much deadfall had to be cleared from over the summer.  I'm sure glad I had a helmet on, I was rained on by acorns.  
So yeah, I'm going with the cold, deep winter deal.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Oh, and it's just not squirrels that like acorns.. Wild turkeys dig 'em too!
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
I Hope Darkside is right...I stopped by one of our local backcountry spots, Natty Glade while I was on a mtb ride the other day - just to see how much deadfall had to be cleared from over the summer.  I'm sure glad I had a helmet on, I was rained on by acorns.  
So yeah, I'm going with the cold, deep winter deal.
I was thinking the same thing, but I did not want to jinx it. Last night the big oaks were puking acorns, I never saw anything like it.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Telemark Dave wrote
  Wild turkeys dig 'em too!

BOOM

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Telemark Dave wrote
Wild turkeys dig 'em too!
They hammered this spot

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Wild Turkeys are some of the most beautiful birds around....the colors they carry are amazing in the spring

When you get one answering your call and he's comming in all puffed up.....WOW, pure adreline rush

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by skimore
Deer like em too

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Skimore ---- here's a pic you'll appreciate

Crappy cell phone pic of a GREAT pic that my Dad took....he was able to get 2 Jakes fighting in mid-air...pretty cool

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Nice.......too bad isn't a better camera
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
That's a great pic Camp.  They sure aren't afraid to mix it up.  I had to stop on the road once for a pimp Tom and his harem.  He did crossing guard duty as they strolled across the road - I rolled down my window and made really bad calls.   The tom got all puffy and threatening.  I should have ran him over.  Road kill dinner.  But I didn't , he won, and continued on across the road to join his Ho's.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Telemark Dave wrote
That's a great pic Camp.  They sure aren't afraid to mix it up.  I had to stop on the road once for a pimp Tom and his harem.  He did crossing guard duty as they strolled across the road - I rolled down my window and made really bad calls.   The tom got all puffy and threatening.  I should have ran him over.  Road kill dinner.  But I didn't , he won, and continued on across the road to join his Ho's.  

They are horney bastards
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
The actual photo is high quality, taken with a good camera

This one I posted is a cell phone picture I took of the actual picture that hangs in my house
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
campgottagopee wrote
skimore wrote
The actual photo is high quality, taken with a good camera

This one I posted is a cell phone picture I took of the actual picture that hangs in my house