332 messages Options
12345678 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PNW Conditions

ml242
JTG4eva! wrote
There's a glimmer of an idea of a quick trip next weekend......
Northern NE could be really good next weekend too.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Foot, foot and a half on Mansfield could be nice.  Think the Kitchen Wall and Chin will be fully in play?  I need someone to show me the goods, it's been a few years!  If I can get free next weekend I'm open to options......
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This post was updated on .
It's going to be good this week  JTG... if you're going to do it, next weekend might be a good weekend.

2ft at Stevens last night... a foot at Crystal.... winds are out of the West, so we got less than an inch at Mission.  Over on this side of the Mountains we need wind from the East to get the lift necessary for significant accumulations (as the saying goes... at Mission, we build our base 2 to 4 inches at a time)  

Another significant storm is expected Wednesday, Thursday and into Friday.  They're even saying we may see good numbers on the East side for Friday.  Planning on being at Stevens on Thursday if you're in the area.  

Shots from early AM at Mission on Saturday

Valley Fog

Thin Cover

Haggard looking early season Snow Ghost
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Some of local forecasters are going Nuts for a storm late in the week...

ENJOY!!!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Forecast looks promising for Wednesday night through Friday.  Time to pull the gear out, I'm all booked!  Anyone wants to get themselves a flight out there on Friday night....I can fit more than just me in the rental, we can book a bigger room, and I'm sure the guide can accommodate more than just one!  Anyone local wants to meet up at Crystal let me know!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Forecast looks amazing..

I love the way you jump right into the deep end of the pool to start your season...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Ha!  It will be my earliest (adult) start to a season ever.  Hey, endless acres of soft deep powder has got to be an easier start than a scratchy WROD....or at least I can tell myself that.  Fortunately, playing soccer a couple of days a week means I don't really need to ski myself into shape....that much!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Seth sent me this picture from yesterday.  23" of blower from 1" QPF.

Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Yup... December in the PNW is off to a good start, and it looks like this week will bring more of the same.  Big Pow days look to be coming on Thursday and Friday.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
I love the way you jump right into the deep end of the pool to start your season...
Hopefully this holds out as long as it did last season... We had record numbers across the region for December.  I'm thinking the vast majority of the PNW areas will be at full operation by the weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
It's pretty good everywhere in the region right now... most areas have the majority of their terrain open.  Still some sharky-ness, but in general coverage is good.  Was at Stevens on Thursday... the snowpack ballooned to 60 inches with in a matter of a week.  I just checked the Telemetry a Baker, and they are showing a base of 80 inches at the bottom already... after a dry November, the first couple of weeks in December have turned out pretty good.

It's going to dry out for the coming week... maybe we'll even see some sun.

Saw some East Coast Riff-Raff in the lot this morning at Mission... I was a bit disappointed... a hardcore New Yawka in the PNW without an NYSB sticker on their vehicle.

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Pretty sweet at Crystal.  Best start in 10 years Seth tells me.  100% open, boundary to boundary, with the backcountry in play.  A few thin spots and some variable in wind affected areas, but general packed powder and powder.....lots of powder!

Time to board the flight home....
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Great show JTG!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Seth in the Crystal backcountry today, just over the ridge from where we were yesterday.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Another good week in store for the PNW... Although, there are still some thin spots and exposed rocks, at this point, everybody is open in WA and OR, with the vast majority of lift serviced terrain in play.  I spent time at White Pass, Stevens Pass, and Mission Ridge this past week... all are in great shape for the upcoming holiday period.  

The next cycle looks to be pretty good

Early season snowpack has exploded at the Cascade Crest... the are still some problem areas inland

Plenty of light n' dry in the backcountry throughout the region

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
nepa......been meaning to ask you, you part of the Turns All Year  forum out there?
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
JTG4eva! wrote
nepa......been meaning to ask you, you part of the Turns All Year  forum out there?
I have been a long-time Lurker on TAY... it's a great resource for tour ideas...especially during the summer. There are a couple of amazing photographers from the Seattle area that post there often.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Fuj should toss up some of his stuff on TAY.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Wow!!

Big day at the Ridge, and I'm stuck on the East Coast.  

12345678 ... 17