classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
43 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pico Conditions

snoloco
This post was updated on .
Pico was awesome today.  Never waited more than 5 minutes at the high speed quads and everything else was ski on.  100% open and with awesome conditions.  The mountain has so many old school trails similar to Gore's Ski Bowl.  If you hit Pico after a big storm when it is 100% open, it does not disappoint.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pico Conditions

sig
icy and fast on top lower mountain had softer snow. some decent coverage on the sides of the trails. the moguls have snow on top and ice in middle. even the glades had icy spots. thought it would be better after last weeks snow
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Nice.. Ping me next time. Miss Pico or as you say "Hike-O".
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Sweet! Way to get it.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Pico was excellent today. Only 15 trails, but conditiond were great on everything.  The snow on most seemed pretty deep as opposed to dust on crust. Of course the crowds were very light so i cant say how it will hold up for the holiday. Pico is closed tuesday an wednesday.

Bought tickets on line for $35.00. Not too bad, i think.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Pico Mountain News :: Operational Changes

It is no secret this season’s weather has challenged us at every turn. The lack of natural snow, or even consistently cold temperatures, has left us with limited terrain and diminished business levels. With no relief evident in the long-range forecast, we have made the difficult decision to reduce Pico Mountain’s operating schedule to Saturdays and Sundays only. After Friday February 26, for the remainder of the 2015-16 season, Pico will not be open midweek.

That was the bad news, but now here’s some good news: Monday through Friday, beginning February 29, 2016, Pico Mountain Season Passes and pre-purchased lift tickets will be accepted at Killington Resort.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
And i just tried to buy a mid week pico ticket that i could use at k mart. No luck.

But sadly another indication of how bad things are. I hope more mainstream mountains dont start closing down.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Extremely cool that K is honoring Pico tix, but I think it's also fair of them to ask Pico not to sell anymore if they aren't open right?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I thought Kton owned Pico ?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
JasonWx wrote
I thought Kton owned Pico ?
They do.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Harvey
they have always done that when Pico closes in my recollection from back in the day when I was there
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Great day at Pico on Sunday. We got to meet up with Ray and his crew and the kids had fun making some laps. Good coverage on everything open. The pick of the day was 49er which had guns almost all the way down. Upper KA was OK after the first set of tight turns. Lower mountain had good coverage as well. Wait for the golden express was 5-10 minutes. Summit chair was ski on. It is apparent that Pico doesn't get as much love as K proper but I loved the vibe of the place. Lots of families. Old school lodge and bar. It feels like what you think Vermont skiing was like 40 years ago.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Happy Birthday!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I love Pico. This is the year I finally return. Can't wait to get up there.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Headed up tomorrow.  100% open with LPT and Outpost lifts open and gonna be no one there.  Enjoy your cubicles.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I would not expect outpost and Little Pico to run on a Monday
Probably just the two HSQs
You can carry speed / hike to get to outpost terrain when it’s not running
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I wasn't expecting it either but they're both reported as "expected" for tomorrow.  I know it's not today's report since I checked it and it showed all lifts open rather than expected.  5 of 7 lifts for tomorrow, the exceptions being the beginner rope tow and Knomes Knoll Triple.

I was there on opening weekend and poached Outpost by carrying speed and walking the rest of the way.  I could do that tomorrow if they don't end up running the chair.  I also know how to cut into the Knomes Knoll section off of Swinger.