classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Powerball

Snowballs
Banned User
1.5 Billion now. In New York, you would bring home 615 million.

So if someone here hits it, will you please install massive snowmaking at Hickory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Powerball

MC2 5678F589
Actually, I was thinking about this today because I was dreaming about what I would do with the money.

I thought it would be cool to start a company that went around and bought small to medium sized struggling ski areas in the east, invested in snowmaking, efficiency, and renewable energy, and then sold the mountains at a loss to cooperatives and local interests.

If I won the powerball, after taking the lump sum, taxes, and a few life purchases, I'd end up with about $400 Million. That would throw off $20 Million a year (at a modest 5%). A place like Big Tupper or Black Mountain in Maine could really be improved for a few of those millions.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote

So if someone here hits it, will you please install massive snowmaking at Hickory.
It would ruin the place.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
Snowballs wrote

It would ruin the place.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure Hickory would be helped. Maybe one or two runs could use snowmaking, just so they could be open, but I'd think long and hard before destroying the natural character of the place.

I know just what I'd do with Tupper, though.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
My wife and I just figured that the interest on the principle, invested even very modestly, could give every student who graduates from her high school from now until infinity a full scholarship to college.

Yeah... that's a lot of money.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I know just what I'd do with Tupper, though.
Has anyone ever told you how to make a small fortune?

Buy Tupper with a large fortune...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.