Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Public announcement regarding CunningStunts

Cunningstunts
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Blah blah blah.

At least two individuals take it upon themselves to continue a grudge with me and refuse to talk it over out of the public forum where they can use other people's opinions as leverage.

This whole topic should be deleted as it just created the same conflict that has always existed.

No one is wiser.  Nothing has been resolved.  The administrator has personal connections to each of these individuals that create a difficult situation.  These dynamics always do.

I have no friends on this forum, no conflicts of interest and nothing to hide.  Ask me and I'll tell you who I am.  Or find out for yourself, I've given plenty of personal info out.  I don't care either way.  The admin has my full name and address, so I wouldn't even think to assume myself to be anonymous.

My goal of this post was not to intimidate anyone, it was to try to work things out.  I could hold a grudge but I have no vested interest in trying to make these guys look like dummies except when attacked, I may retaliate.

I apologize that I made a post on such a sensitive subject yesterday regarding ORDA.  Sorry, but to me it seems like pointless anti-stoke.  The skiing, no matter how you ski, was AMAZING this past weekend.  To bitch and complain after that just seems ungrateful to me.  And perhaps if people have a real OCD regarding the NYS owned ski areas, they should use the appropriate methods to deal with said governments facilities.  People make real change regarding this stuff by getting public support.  And not by posting hate on forums, but creating plans of what should be changed, getting money and signatures from NYS residents and approaching the government.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Public announcement regarding CunningStunts

campgottagopee
LMFAO

The intraWebZ are hilarious

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
No vendettas.....I just can’t recall if you were the powder slayer, the guy who wants orange fencing everywhere, the guy who gets massive airs with no poles (or were those guys all one in the same ), or someone else entirely?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
JTG4eva! wrote
No vendettas.....I just can’t recall if you were the powder slayer, the guy who wants orange fencing everywhere, the guy who gets massive airs with no poles (or were those guys all one in the same ), or someone else entirely?
I'm none of those guys.

That would be Gladeskier and Powder Assassin.  If you think I'm either of them, then I might have to eat my own gun.

Also, to clear the air.  I don't ski with little boys, other than possibly my own children in the future.  I ski with poles.  I ski  natural glades, so orange netting isn't something I advocate for.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Camp - I saw your post.  Why don't you follow the instructions and talk to me out of the public eye.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
Cunningstunts wrote
That would be Gladeskier and Powder Assassin.
Powder Assassin?  That was before me.  Anyone explicitly or implicitly labeled "powder assassin" has to have pants below the ass crack, ball cap rotated 200 degrees on their head, a big gold chain and be a fan of MMA.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
D.B. Cooper wrote
Cunningstunts wrote
That would be Gladeskier and Powder Assassin.
Powder Assassin?  That was before me.  Anyone explicitly or implicitly labeled "powder assassin" has to have pants below the ass crack, ball cap rotated 200 degrees on their head, a big gold chain and be a fan of MMA.
I'm pretty sure he was trolling to get everyone riled up.  He seemed pretty good at it actually.

If you look, I actually post stoke and my goal is not to get everyone riled up, but if people think they can push me around and I can't expect any moderation, then I may deal with you in my own way.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Cunningstunts wrote
Camp - I saw your post.  Why don't you follow the instructions and talk to me out of the public eye.
I deleted it ONLY because I promised Harv I wouldn't start shit with you so I'm keeping good to my promise.

I'm mnot doing back channel as that is complete bullshit.

I will no longer engage you.

Peace
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
campgottagopee wrote
Cunningstunts wrote
I deleted it ONLY because I promised Harv I wouldn't start shit with you so I'm keeping good to my promise.

I'm mnot doing back channel as that is complete bullshit.

I will no longer engage you.

Peace
How is talking to me directly "back channel"?

I did no such thing to you even if you think I did.  I talked to Harv on a number of occasions on what he wanted and if he wanted me to leave after your last outburst.  I made it very clear that when I came back I would engage you to see if you would blow up, and if you did, I'd leave, and not have wasted my time.  Seen as how you were cool until a certain person showed up and got you riled up, I figured I'd contribute something positive to this forum.

And again, we are airing our dirty laundry in public so people can take sides - exactly what I wanted to avoid.  So if you want to be a man and talk for real, you know how to reach me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I thought it was generally accepted forum etiquette that PMs were assumed to be private, not to be shared without an agreement between both.  If not, I think it should be. If I ever PM anyone, that is my expectation.

Regarding moderating, I'm sure the forum deserves it. But I just can't handle the load.  Not whining about it just saying that I don't like either of my choices, moderating or killing the forum. So I press on only acting to delete or ban when something becomes more work than ignoring it.

Admittedly the model is flawed.  That kind of a system can only work if all (or most) are vested in positivity. There will always be people who seek conflict as entertainment.  I'm just not set up to handle it, and I've had no luck finding someone I trust to moderate.  Why would anyone do it?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble

Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I thought it was generally accepted forum etiquette that PMs were assumed to be private, not to be shared without an agreement between both.  If not, I think it should be. If I ever PM anyone, that is my expectation.
Is this regarding you telling me that people complained?  Or is it regarding something else?

Edited:

Harv - this isn't jr high passing secret notes back and forth.  There are no NDAs.  What you give out is open to anyone I wish to tell.  Private message means that it's not public - if either party chooses to make it public, then that's up to them.  Not both.  If you told me you murdered someone in a pm you expect that I should keep it quiet?

I probably shouldn't call you out but you've put out plenty of details about people on the forum that must have been from private conversations with them because I read them and didn't read them on the forum.  Snoloco is one example I can think of.  Also you've shared private stuff with me in pms - I won't give the details, but you know what I mean.  I know I've also shared some private information with you about another member.  I can only assume you've done the same in other situations.  Therefore I wouldn't tell you anything I didn't want you to know.

Another thing is, people definitely use personal info to taunt others on here.  I saw Shaman do it to Peetex once.  I'll go find the quote if you want.

If people don't like that they get called out on something like that when they personally attack someone, then they probably shouldn't be personally attacking that person.

Point is, if you want to play round-about games with anonymity and personal relationships, you are going to have these problems.

I can't say where you draw the line but I know you've had issues with this before.  Apparently it's not been handled correctly.  It's best to assume nothing you tell anyone is private, that you aren't anonymous and that you shouldn't say anything that you'd want used against you in the future.  I know you don't recall the but the reason I was so pissed before is because TJ said some real dirty shit about my parents when I chose to share that openly.  You stuck up for him and told your tale about the slides.  So obviously it's all about personal relationships here and who can kiss the most ass - just like most forums.

And just one more example of the above:  I've seen you reprimand Peetex on multiple occasions for attacking MC outside of politics but never once have I seen you reprimand MC for doing the same.  Obviously your personal friends comes before an outsider.

And if this is all too much and you want to ban me, just tell me, I'll go.  I've told you that in every conversation we've had.  You haven't yet so you are either scared I will retaliate in some way or you are coming to some realization of what a shit show this place is.  I keep seeing you mention this when you talk about moving the forum and how it's not going to have the elements it has now, but whenever there's something kinda shitty that isn't politicrap, and I mention it to you, you defend it as tradition.

You may not read this but I'll send it to you later because I'm sure you will be contacting me regarding this mess.
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Oh boy
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
WOW dude you are a scary person.  You don't see it but you are.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
tjf1967 wrote
WOW dude you are a scary person.  You don't see it but you are.
Good - if you thinks it's worth losing your job, customers or going to jail (and yes, there's probably one person who posted here who could be prosecuted for illegal activity) then keep it up.

Nothing you do isn't recorded or post from isn't recorded and if requested, your employer or authorities could easily  confiscate it.  Especially if you work for a government agency.  And especially if you do so and act like an idiot or make political statements - I'm sure they'd have no problem dropping your ass like a bad habit.

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
So you can come in and take the forum hostage with the threat of going to people employers for stupid shit people post to blow off steam?  What do you think that says about yourself?
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
tjf1967 wrote
So you can come in and take the forum hostage with the threat of going to people employers for stupid shit people post to blow off steam?  What do you think that says about yourself?
Is that really what you think?

Listen, as I said, if someone is going to do something, it's going to be anonymous.  You won't know who blew you in.

If you want to be an idiot and think no one can figure out who you are, then you are really an idiot.  I'm just illustrating an example, and it's happened before.  You think people don't get fired over shit like this?  Especially those in sensitive jobs or those posting from work?

It's just warning - maybe be kind.  You don't know who might be reading.  I don't know who your boss is or if you have one, but for all you know I could have been him/her.

Be honest, be open about yourself, don't do anything that could get you in trouble down the road and I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen.  But that really isn't the MO for this place, is it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I read that^ one at the top, it's a lot to unravel. I haven’t gone back to read the original version.

I wasn't calling anyone out in particular. In this case both you and camp repeated stuff I’d PM’d about.  I asked camp to back off and I asked you to do the same.

Forums have long included the expectation that you could use a screenname and be “anonymous.”  That’s what forums are mostly, people expect it.

I don’t know why you are so upset.  These are people you don’t know, shake it off. I can't make them apologize.

Peetex I’m sorry if I have treated you unfairly. MC stop calling Peetex names.  Shaman don’t call CS a cunt. TJ stop saying negative things about CS' parents.

I’m sure all this proves I am a jerk. But I don’t want to hear it, I’m locking this thread.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp