classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rottefella NTN Freedom Bindings

Darkside Shaman
This post was updated on .
NTN Freedom bindings sz large, with 110 brakes.
Pickup in North Creek, NY. $150 OBO.
Will deliver within 50 miles for a modest fee or beer
Will ship for shipping costs to wherever you may be.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2 pr Rottefella NTN Freedom Bindings $200each OBO

MC2 5678F589
Leaving NTN? Leaving Tele?

Or just leaving Rottefella?
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
This post was updated on .
 <quote author="MC2 5678F589">

MC2 5678F589 wrote

Or just leaving Rottefella?
These are just some of the quiver that I am changing over to Fischer(Dynafit) tour bindings.
I still have a few pair a skis with NTN Freerides and plates on, as well as the Head skis if they don't sell.
If I like the tour setups, I'll put my TX Pro's up for sale that have Dynafit inserts at the toe and the heel, and just keep my Garmont Prophets as my piste setup. I basically have way more gear than I can use, and if someone else wants it, then I would rather have it being used.
So if anyone is interested, by all means let me know and let's make a deal!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Heel locking hurts my soul.

You should get some 22Designs Lynx. I'm gonna preorder when they go on sale later this month.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
If you can get me in on that order, I'm in for a pair
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Marcski wrote
Thanks Marc, but I'm looking for a pro-deal, as friends don't let friends pay retail
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589

Hmmmm... Pay retail & support a kick-ass Tele company and a local shop? Or save my money until the binding goes through a year where the kinks are worked out, knowing that I got screwed buying 2 pairs of the Outlaw, only for them to replace it with the Outlaw X?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
The second choice. Lots of moving parts in that design - give it a year or two until they have enough people hours on it. They may also have toe release issues as well as no release issues.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
The second choice. Lots of moving parts in that design - give it a year or two until they have enough people hours on it. They may also have toe release issues as well as no release issues.
Yep. That's what I'm thinking.

The older I get, the less money I want to spend on having the latest/greatest technology just for the coolness factor. Is this what maturity feels like?

Sorry Telemark Dave, one more year before heavy duty testing can begin.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
I thought the same thing about purchasing the Objectives.  Wait a couple years until they aren't novel and I'll pick them up end-of-season for a few hundred less.  I could have plenty of fun with what I had been on for a few more years.

Then I had the idea that I don't have nearly the time I used to, to go skiing, so when I do go I want to have maximum fun factor.

It's only money and PB&J isn't so bad.

I think that's what fatherhood (and maturity) feels like.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I'm a going to wait too.  Let the early adopter suckas buy in and then get all hot and bothered when the shit self destructs.. (I hope I'm wrong..)
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Hey Shamen, are these large or small?? Cause if they're large I'm pretty interested in making a dope deal! (Figure of speech up here in Canuckistan the last while.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
PeeTex wrote
Yep. That's what I'm thinking.

The older I get, the less money I want to spend on having the latest/greatest technology just for the coolness factor. Is this what maturity feels like?

Sorry Telemark Dave, one more year before heavy duty testing can begin.
Given the multitude of issues with the Meidjo over the past few years, I think this is perhaps the wise decision.

A friend is on his 3rd or 4th pair of the M-binding.  Last year, he was on a backcountry trip and they broke again and for the rest of the trip, he had to lock his heel for the way down. (The lodge only had extra AT setups, no NTN).  Needless to say, he was not happy. But, surprisingly, he's giving the M one more try this season, after they supposedly beefed them up again!
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
Hey Shamen, are these large or small?? Cause if they're large I'm pretty interested in making a dope deal! (Figure of speech up here in Canuckistan the last while.
Both pair are size large as well as the pair mounted on the Head Cyclics. One pair has the 90mm brake and the other pair has the 110mm brake. And a dope deal is always welcome here in The Adirondacks!!
Gotta go to know